Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

Quick one: What's the rule re drafting behind a car or motor bike?

Not directly from the rule book:

Catapult yourself from the slipstream behind a car, but don't sit there and gain total advantage.

If it is a technical matter or medical concern you were attending to, the race commissaire tend to turn a blind eye.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Cycling Tips blog:

An interesting exchange between Cancellara, Cav and journalist

The press conference on Tuesday was almost as interesting as the sprint finish to Tournai. Cancellara came into the pressroom to respond to questions and then Cavendish joined in. The last question to Cancellara perked ears.

Journalist: “Is your team or the others envious of Sky?”

Fabian Cancellara: “What’s so special? Their cars? The nice helmets? I don’t know, you have to tell me, I don’t know.”

J: “The level of detail. For example, how we see them warming down. You don’t see other teams doing that.”

FC: “Warming down?”

J: “Yes, cycling outside the bus.”

FC: “Ah, rollers (he pronounced it ‘Rulers’ – ed)!”

J: “Yeah, cooling down.”

FC: “No, I’m not jealous now. First, that’s most important, you have to do in what you believe and in what you think is best for you. They just do what’s best for them and I do what’s best for me. What I’m going to do now? I don’t know, maybe go swim, go on my rollers or I’ll go jumping around, I don’t know. Everyone has his best way. What matters in the Tour is recovery, recovery, recovery. We have a nice cook who does a great job. Every night we get high-level food. We have our soigneurs. I saw 10 teams in the Tour de Suisse doing rollers after the race, but you have to keep doing what you believe in. That’s important.”

Cavendish comes into the room.

MC: “Can I ask, who asked that last question?”

J: “Me”

MC: “You’re banned from asking questions to me. That’s mental! You’re banned from asking questions.”

Not directly from the rule book:

Catapult yourself from the slipstream behind a car, but don't sit there and gain total advantage.

If it is a technical matter or medical concern you were attending to, the race commissaire tend to turn a blind eye.

Cool, thanks. Have noticed guys sitting behind a car for longer than I would've thought legal.

MC: “Can I ask, who asked that last question?”

J: “Me”

MC: “You’re banned from asking questions to me. That’s mental! You’re banned from asking questions.”

Hehe, nice one.

Edited by The Crow

Told you:

Chavanel has also made a move. He is only seven seconds down in GC.

You almost got your wish :thumbdown:

Dammit! Looks like the man is made of jelly. He just never seem to break any bones. :whistling:

I wish Cavenator crashes out so that Phil stops waxing lyrical about him! Jeezz!

Not very kind of you but I know what you mean. The British commentators can be so selfish. Last year when Wiggins crashed out I thought we were never going to hear the end of it. Guys like Vino crashed out the same day and hardly got a mention.

The Gorilla takes it!

He also has an aero feature now on his Lazer helmet.

How blown up was ol Cav's lip after the incident?!?! He is like a 3 year old that did not get the sweetie... Pfffft! It racing boet.

Interesting side-story...

Have you heard about the Rêve Tour? Six women are riding the entire route of the 2012 Tour de France, one day in advance of the actual race, to raise money for Bikes Belong. The ride is sponsored and supported, but my understanding is that they’ll be cleaning and maintaining their own bikes. Given that there are six of them, and not 198, they’ll have to really stick together and take care of each other to make it. I think it is fair to say that for the women involved it will be easily as massive an undertaking as it will be for the men who will race it, for money, in their wake.

Read more here:

http://redkiteprayer.com/2012/06/the-truth-about-cats-and-dogs/

http://redkiteprayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ReveSonomaCoast-588x391.jpg

Told you:

Chavanel has also made a move. He is only seven seconds down in GC.

Very much a dark horse for me, not for the top step perhaps, but definitely high up on the GC.

My real silent assassin Kloden is so quiet.

How blown up was ol Cav's lip after the incident?!?! He is like a 3 year old that did not get the sweetie... Pfffft! It racing boet.

Hehe! He really looked like dog ate his bone!