Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

It was a day for Team Sky, who put two men on the podium and took the yellow jersey. Stage winner Chris Froome and new race leader Bradley Wiggins stole the headlines, with Froome's extraordinary acceleration away from Cadel Evans in the last few hundred metres of a brutal finale taking the breath away. After all the work he had done on the front in support of Wiggins, it was an astonishing show of strength.

Nibali's fourth place on the day moved him up to third overall in the GC, behind Wiggins and Evans. He is not likely to allow the two pre-race favourites to have everything their own way over the next fortnight. Neither, on this form, is Froome.

Edited by TNT1

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two weeks to defend the maillot jaune is a long time on Wiggo's slim shoulders.

http://cdn2.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net//2012/07/07/1/000_dv1211748_600.jpg

© AFP Photo

Great news that Chris is back in business! fantastic finish, lets hope for more.

Nice to see fresh faces wining this year.

It was a very impressive turn of pace by Froome indeed, when I saw Cadel take the lead around the corner I thought he would hold on to win, but really Froome showed them all a clean pair of heels. Very impressive indeed.

Nibs still looks fine, he prefers the long climbs much like Wiggo I think, so hanging in there was great form, but in all seriousness I cant see Sky / Wiggins losing this tour, a stage win, the yellow jersey, the polka Jersey and three riders in the top 10, pretty much a clean sweep I would say!.

Hey old fart. Did you see, just like that, Sagan is nearly 12 minutes behind in the white jersey competition. You must have been p!ssed when you thought he could win it.

Just as an aside, interesting to see the old guard as it were pretty much falling away, Leipheimer, Schleck, dare I say Horner :whistling: , Kloeden, Sanchez and a few others all lost time to new young faces, much like in the sprints with Sagan the new young GC contenders are showing their faces and contesting the podium, Froome, Wiggins, Nibali even Taaramae looked superb.

even Taaramae looked superb.

Even? He's a future winner of this race. I was surprised how well Roland did as beaten up as he is. I was even more surprised at how poorly Tejay went.

Hey old fart. Did you see, just like that, Sagan is nearly 12 minutes behind in the white jersey competition. You must have been p!ssed when you thought he could win it.

:lol: :lol: -- I hang my head in shame. Never again will I indulge in a good bottle of Cabernet and fine cheese while watching the race, water and rye biscuits it is now.! :D

........but indeed Taaramae impressed me a lot today, of course I was sober but still it was a fine ride. :thumbup:

........but indeed Taaramae impressed me a lot today,

People make fun of Phil and Paul, but a few years back already, Paul noted this guy, P n P actually know their stuff.

Edited by TNT1

Yes with all the media fuss over Frank and the 'big names', who really cares if they are out of contention.

Froome would be up to the top of the GC if it wasn't for that flat the other day. But still top ten. Fantastic to see the team work from Team Sky in action.

:lol: :lol: -- I hang my head in shame. Never again will I indulge in a good bottle of Cabernet and fine cheese while watching the race, water and rye biscuits it is now.! :D

........but indeed Taaramae impressed me a lot today, of course I was sober but still it was a fine ride. :thumbup:

Not to worry, Sagan the awesome can go for yellow ;)

Yes with all the media fuss over Frank and the 'big names', who really cares if they are out of contention.

Froome would be up to the top of the GC if it wasn't for that flat the other day. But still top ten. Fantastic to see the team work from Team Sky in action.

Plenty climbs to come still.