Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

I am disappointed in Wiggins comments today.

He got some mixed reactions from the Twitterati after these comments

post-615-0-73863900-1341812169.jpg

post-615-0-87164700-1341812374.jpg

Edited by splat

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every single time someone performs well, it becomes drugs.

What a crock of snot.

As for some here getting excited about Sagan lining himself up for a win yesterday, what a laugh, at least poephol of the day award can be shared between Pick and Pay for even commenting in those lines.

He got some mixed reactions from the Twitterati after these comments

Including this one:

Jeremy Whittle@jeremycwhittle

BW, on cycling's cynics, Manchester 2007: "There is that perception and I'd agree with that. I can't blame people for thinking that..."

Watch his race director who was amazingly cray-zee support for the youngest rider in the peloton...

http://cyclingtipscontent.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/stage7-2-2.jpg

Every single time someone performs well, it becomes drugs.

What a crock of snot.

As for some here getting excited about Sagan lining himself up for a win yesterday, what a laugh, at least poephol of the day award can be shared between Pick and Pay for even commenting in those lines.

You don't like Peter Sagan very much hey Dangle :whistling:

wiggins is an arrogant prick. His attitude stinks. This comment reinforces it. I hope froome drops him big time on the next climbs...

I just can't make up my mind regarding this guy.

I asked Froomie regarding Wiggins and he reckons Wiggins is a really awesome dude as well as being a real capable team "captain"

I think Wiggins is windgat (Sagan is an arrogant prick)

The thing that put me off a tad on Saturday was how Wiggins very subtly drilled it home that Froome was there to help him win.

I reckon if Wiggins doesn't catch a wake-up then pit bull Evans will take this tour, according to The Hub and the rest of S.A. it could possibly be Sagan the god, I doubt that though.

Froomie, his hard work, humility and determination is paying off, this guy trains harder than anyone I have ever come across.

His only downside, he is not aggressive enough, sadly I think that's what one needs to win a tour like this.

As for Froomie dropping Wiggins on the climbs, I don't see Sky allowing this, not this year at least, but perhaps in time to come.

Edited by Dangle

You don't like Peter Sagan very much hey Dangle :whistling:

Not at all, he is an attention seeking little prick who still has to prove himself and earn the respect of the peloton.

I just have to laugh every time people catch a skommel over some new wonder just for them to fade in to obscurity.

Watch his race director who was amazingly cray-zee support for the youngest rider in the peloton...

Madiot went nuts! Read somewhere this morning that he almost didn't pick Pinot for the TdF!

Edited by Tumbleweed

Not at all, he is an attention seeking little prick who still has to prove himself and earn the respect of the peloton.

I just have to laugh every time people catch a skommel over some new wonder just for them to fade in to obscurity.

:lol: He has talent loads of it , but yeah very cocky (and then some)

http://cyclingtipscontent.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/stage7-2-2.jpg

There was a lot more at stake here than we can ever imagine.

Pinot being French is where is all starts.

:lol: He has talent loads of it , but yeah very cocky (and then some)

Like many before him.

People went berserk over Gilbert and now they have thrown him aside like a used condom.

Like many before him.

People went berserk over Gilbert and now they have thrown him aside like a used condom.

We will have to wait and see what he does in the future - but I understand your point

We will have to wait and see what he does in the future - but I understand your point

At least I have a point :thumbup:

Thanks Cav.

I will say this, if he survives till Paris and manages to take that final stage, I might actually be happy for him with one of his stage wins.

I am disappointed in Wiggins comments today.

http://www.sport24.c...cynics-20120708

I especially dislike this comment,

It justifies their own bone idleness... because they can't ever imagine applying themselves to anything in their lives.

"And it's easy for them to sit under a pseudonym on Twitter and write that kind of **** rather than get off their arses and apply themselves and work hard at something and achieve something."

I understand where he is coming from, but I think he needs a few lessons in public relations.

Someone needs to sit him down and explain that not everyone aspires to ride a bike fast or hard, that people apply themselves in different areas of life and that they work just as hard to achieve those goals as he do's. Maybe a lot harder.

I can assure Wiggo my Neuro Surgeon cant run around the block, but I very much doubt Wiggo can operate on someones spinal cord or brain, save lives and generally improve the quality of life of folk who visit him, is his world so small and inward looking that he thinks only cyclists deserve their goals, .........perhaps the person who called him "an arrogant prick" here wasn't far off the mark?.

I certainly dont respect him.

First off, I am NOT a Wiggens fan. Too much Brit in that one.

That said, as a cyclist hes does not go and slain the reputation of your 'brain surgeon' as he has respect for what he has accomplished and he expects the same from others in regards to his hard work to become a good cyclist.

I think that is the point he was trying to make.

Sort off....if you are an accomplished surgeon, sure....go ahead and nail your fellow surgeons.....If you are a cyclist that knows how much hard work it takes to get there, sure.....take a swing at Wiggens....if not, get off your arse and go peddle your bike.

Or something in that region.

Personally I hope Froompie HAMMERS it in the TT today and pulls a rabbit out of the hat......

Or even better....Nibali pulls a 5min gap on the Madeleine later on.......

Sky will let Chris win more stages if he can so long as he doesn't threaten the GC for The Wig, is that not clear by now?

Froome is also the first person to say he is there for Brad, as they all do (incl. Cav) and it seems they have been drilling this for a long time. Brad doesnt seem to the the attacking type, always still in the saddle, it seems that the way he rolls: strong and steady.

But it will be interesting if the situation does arrives if Brad lags, and Froome can zoom. Will they then allow him to take it if Brad cant?