[Event] Spur Lourensford MTB Classic

Dirtopia MTB Events

Event Name: Spur Lourensford MTB Classic
When: 30 September 2012
Where: Lourensford, Somerset West, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Event at Lourensford the only true mountain bike Classic!

The Spur Lourensford MTB Classic is the oldest funride on the Western Cape MTB calendar and remains one of the favourites! The event was started by the community in the early 1990’s and has certainly grown with the mountain bike calendar.

Riders can always look forward to beautiful riding and views on the Lourensford mountain, as there are something on offer for all ages and abilities.

DATE: Saturday, 30 September 2012

VENUE: Lourensford Estate, Somerset-West

DISTANCES:

• 0.5km, 1.5km & 3km for small children (10 & under)

• 15km funride for children & novices.

• 27km funride for beginner riders

• 38km challenge for intermediate, but fit riders

• 57km challenge for advanced riders

Title sponsor, Spur Steak Ranches will also have their jumping castles, entertainment and great food at the finish. Don’t miss the lucky draw after the event, as all riders will stand a chance to win great prizes, including a mountain bike. Friends and family can socialize on the lawns of this fantastic Estate after completing the race.

For updated event information, visit www.dirtopia.co.za or email theteam@dirtopia.co.za. Call Dirtopia Trail Centre on 021 884 4752 for further event enquires.

Go to Event Page

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1750m of climbing over 57km seems like some serious effort!! anyone done this before and care to comment?

1750m of climbing over 57km seems like some serious effort!! anyone done this before and care to comment?

where do u see the 1750m climbing stat?? I have done it twice its closer to 1500m

where do u see the 1750m climbing stat?? I have done it twice its closer to 1500m

The route profile on the dirtopia page, I'm pretty sure it mentioned 1700+ meters

Date above reads 30 sept , so I'm guessing sunday

& does it also say Saturday further down? This event was on a Saturday last year hence I'm just making sure.

When you stand on the farm you will soon realize that it is surrounded by mountains ... and that is where you are heading ... up and down, up and down!

post-4352-0-83613900-1348467731_thumb.jpg