Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Haha..!!

Lets not forget that these are just rules... not Laws!

However... as it suited USADA they dredged up Laws to condone the manipulation the rules that they made... so that they could make the conclusion they needed... if I manipulated the rules... is it fair? I only use the word fair because its just a rule.. not a LAW!

Hypothetically...

If I was in cycling at the time...

and everyone else was doping... I would be inclined to assume that I would have done so too... well it is either that or be relegated to the small time and obscurity and poverty... how many cyclists have you guys followed in the continental teams???

Sooo me being the kind of person I am... I would not want to just take some crap that someone says is good! Just look at some of the guys at gym... eeeuagh! I would want to know what it is that I am taking and I would want to make sure that "clean" and that it works... that stands to reason. I would pay people to test that the stuff works... and how it works... I guess I would have to sell some of it to pay for the research...

If I was a peddler (almost succumbed to a pun!
:)
) then the buyers were getting the good stuff and it is possible that I saved many lives because I would not sell ***!

As a matter of interest... the riders in the continental teams that never got a showing in the grand tours... perhaps they all took dope too... but because they made no money... no-one cares... [sic]

I am getting ready to watch the fireworks as everyone shows their hands... and then Lance steps up! haha!

Its gonna be great!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder when they will take away Contador's TDF titles? He was implicated in operation Puerto and is a convicted doper. Sure he did not test positive on tour but it seems that does not matter. If a couple of guys turn around and say they saw him dope on tour would that result in them taking the titles away?

Im just thinking out loud here

They took away two GT titles. That's what the process allows and it would have been the same for LA if he had bothered to look past his ego for 5 secs and taken part himself. Instead he cries no fair!

Pity for the Berto haters though, lots of GTs there for him to win still.

I have chosen that slant because the process IS broken.

So you say. LA needs a New team of lawyers then. I mean, they got OJ and Michael Jackson off...

Hey, bet they never read the interwebs, it's there for all to see!

These darn witch hunts, out of nowhere and bam! They got you.

Apparently, USADA mentions that Bruyneel's arbitration process could be completed before the year's end.

Possible.

Unlikely.

Gonna be intriguing.

I see SKINS is suing the UCI for 2million big ones; for perceived damages as a result of their "handling" of doping. The fun starts now.

I began to recall stories of steroid use told to me by a friend who had been a 440 hurdler on a full ride to Alabama. He’d seen plenty of anabolic usage among denizens of the school’s athletic complex and I recalled him once saying how anabolics made athletes unnaturally lean. They had no subcutaneous fat. Sitting in my living room and listening to Mike, I suddenly flashed on my first experience being in the same room with Armstrong. It was at the opening press conference for the 1996 Tour DuPont, which I was covering for Outside. I was sitting along the middle aisle in some hotel ballroom when in walks Armstrong in cycling kit with tennis shoes. I didn’t know it was Armstrong at first, though; I was looking down at my laptop when I caught this calf out of the corner of my eye and then turned to look. It was the most perfect calf I’d ever seen. The muscles were perfectly etched. It was as if skin-colored saran wrap had been stretched across the muscle with no intervening fat to blur the muscles’ definition. At the time I’d thought there was something supernatural about his appearance; later I would amend that to unnatural.

read more here:

http://redkiteprayer.com/2012/11/the-cynic/

I'm sure you've all heard of the Amgen Tour of California but did you know that Amgen is the original EPO drug maker now fighting several lawsuits.

Interesting read regarding the medical side of EPO (and corporate greed) - http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/armstrongs-fraud-paralleled-epo-makers-feud?ns_campaign=features&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=cyclingnews&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=features

Guest Omega Man

In light of Lance Armstrong being found guilty of doping is it still frowned upon to buy fake Oakleys and Nike t-shirts from the guys at the traffic lights?

In light of Lance Armstrong being found guilty of doping is it still frowned upon to buy fake Oakleys and Nike t-shirts from the guys at the traffic lights?

Depends on whether the salespeople are running unnaturally quickly.

Picked up this post again to see if anything interesting has happened. Same old, same old. However a few comments got me thinking about old Cadel.

I really didn't like the guy 3 to 4 year ago...thought lots of sour grapes etc..him behaving the way he did, mucho aggressivismo.

Then my respect grew after LA retired??? Then it grew even more after taking on Mandy and Andrea scleck in the hills. Then he won. Has not been drawn into the affair (yet, I hope). Also makes you wonder why he went to small BMC when he did.

I found out he likes red wine and opera too!.. not bad.... for an Aussie

so got to watching the carte blanche show last night quickly,

ok, only comment I can make is w00t.gif whistling.gif eek.gif wacko.png cursing.gif followed by biggrin.png

and as for mop head, hehehe, love the way he and his wife is painting the we are the saviours card now, best thing since slice best...

G

Guest Omega Man

Depends on whether the salespeople are running unnaturally quickly.

Haha.