Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumour

Hold on to your hats ladies and gents, word is La Gazatta and Ferrari have been in touch and he is going to be releasing his 'list'.

I don't know if it's the full list of cyclist only that he's worked with, or every athlete.

I actually hope, for the sake of opening the eyes of the rest of the sporting world, that it's the names of every athlete he's worked with.

Will settle though for 'just' the cyclists.

Should break "in the coming days".

Rumour

Hold on to your hats ladies and gents, word is La Gazatta and Ferrari have been in touch and he is going to be releasing his 'list'.

I don't know if it's the full list of cyclist only that he's worked with, or every athlete.

I actually hope, for the sake of opening the eyes of the rest of the sporting world, that it's the names of every athlete he's worked with.

Where did you manage to pick up that rumor?

Rumour

Every cyclist?.....

eek.gif

http://www.thehubsa....04#entry1821641

I see Armstrong made a statement of sorts. He posted an image of himself on twitter relaxing at his home on a couch with 7 huge frames behind him on the wall, each one containing a yellow jersy from the TDF.

I guess that says it all from his point of view and from the point of view of his supporters

What I can tell you as a commercial photographer is that the image is not a snap shot. It is too carefully put together.

I say that because the image is a multi shot panorama that has been stitched together using some or other stitching software. It is therefore a carefully considered statement

Rumour

The Padua investigation?

All the people named so far in that are no surprise.

http://localtvwiti.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/lance-armstrong-jerseys.jpg?w=400

Nothing he's doing now or in the near future is per chance.

Everything will be well thought out and deliberate.

Edited by Bonus

What I can tell you as a commercial photographer is that the image is not a snap shot. It is too carefully put together.

I say that because the image is a multi shot panorama that has been stitched together using some or other stitching software. It is therefore a carefully considered statement

You have completely lost me.

What statement would that be ?

Can't the oke just try and live a regular life ?

As for carefully put together, it looks more like the panorama app. on the i-phone type image.

My point Dangle is a panorama is not a snapshot. It requires a little bit of planning and a little bit of post production. It is not merely a snap shot that someone pops off. The moment you plan a pano with a person some thought has to be put into the placement of a person because it is not a good idea to then place a person across 2 frames. I can also assume that the point of the image was not just a pic of a person relaxing at home but to show off the jerseys or a pano would not be needed. The only way you could get all 7 jerseys in the shot is to either shoot an extreme wide angle or a pano so the idea was to get all 7 jerseys in the shot.

The statement is thus "I won the jerseys and here they still are". Placing the image on twitter puts that statement out there.

Of course it could be someone just decided to tale a pic of LA chilling and decided a pano would be nice and the rather unusual composition just happened.

By the way I commented on this because as a photographer I spend my life creating and interpreting visual images and thought this one very interesting. If I could get a hires copy of it I would print it and put it up in my home. It is a great example of how photography has evolved in the digital era and how it is being used in social media to make a point. Pure popular art in my opinion. Fantastic

My point Dangle is a panorama is not a snapshot. It requires a little bit of planning and a little bit of post production. It is not merely a snap shot that someone pops off. The moment you plan a pano with a person some thought has to be put into the placement of a person because it is not a good idea to then place a person across 2 frames. I can also assume that the point of the image was not just a pic of a person relaxing at home but to show off the jerseys or a pano would not be needed. The only way you could get all 7 jerseys in the shot is to either shoot an extreme wide angle or a pano so the idea was to get all 7 jerseys in the shot.

The statement is thus "I won the jerseys and here they still are". Placing the image on twitter puts that statement out there.

Of course it could be someone just decided to tale a pic of LA chilling and decided a pano would be nice and the rather unusual composition just happened.

By the way I commented on this because as a photographer I spend my life creating and interpreting visual images and thought this one very interesting. If I could get a hires copy of it I would print it and put it up in my home. It is a great example of how photography has evolved in the digital era and how it is being used in social media to make a point. Pure popular art in my opinion. Fantastic

Nope, sorry but I can't buy in to this.

I honestly believe that assumption is a very dangerous button to press.

I think people are now just looking for all sorts of Armstrongnism's to conjure up.

As I said earlier as well, that image does not look like a professionally put together panorama, it looks like something any of us can do with 360 Panorama on the i-phone, that app. is actually insanely good.

I agree with you on the marvel of the digital era and photography, amazing stuff to be done.

That twitter image (I am angry, you made me go and look laugh.png ) doesn't look as good as it can get.

(not picking a fight, just in case you might think that wink.png )