Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure for the riders at the moment it's like racing, wait and see... Then make your move (statement)

Us puny okes are saying there's more to come, they're closer to it, and for good or bad, they're holding onto their cards before playing.

You're right, cycling is a career for them and they probably need it. Same in the coporate world one witnesses douchebaggery of the highest order but speaking out will cost your job. I've been guilty of it.

Done

The sponsors moving off are due to public pressure. Negative connotations and all that.

I still question the veracity of the "witness testimony" though. How funny (sad) would it be if USADA were paying for the testimony though?

I think anything is likely at this point. Somewhere in all of this there is a can of worms the size of LA's swollen nut.

There is one, but he's so annoying, we don't mention his name...

Have no clue BUT be that as it may that will leave one. What happened to the many, few that his harshest sheep like critics keep bleating on about. What they see as disciple/worshiper is anyone that raises issues or queries around processes and people involved and deem you to be just that. thumbdown.gif

Hang on, my name has not been mentioned for a while whistling.gif

You're right, cycling is a career for them and they probably need it. Same in the coporate world one witnesses douchebaggery of the highest order but speaking out will cost your job. I've been guilty of it.

Heh heh. I been fired cause I spoke out about the creating fake partnerships with no existent products, so he could line his own pockets.

I think anything is likely at this point. Somewhere in all of this there is a can of worms the size of LA's swollen nut.

That's part of the reason that i still support the guy ito his cycling achievements.

Kinda like saying that I admire Ritchie McCaw. He's a bare faced cheating piece of scum, but a fkin good captain and he makes it work even though he frustrates the living **** outta me at the breakdown.

That's part of the reason that i still support the guy ito his cycling achievements.

Kinda like saying that I admire Ritchie McCaw. He's a bare faced cheating piece of scum, but a fkin good captain and he makes it work even though he frustrates the living **** outta me at the breakdown.

True. What good I think Lance has done for the sport with one hand, he has taken away ten fold with the other though. It's at least in line with how these prawns usually behave ;)

I know what you mean about sticking by the villain though. I still think Lolly was a cool guy and I cant find a bad thing to say about The Donald.

I guess Lance at least had the ball to go for it. You know what they say, when you're going to get smashed, do it properly.

Another story - Wiggo and a needle. Apparently there wasn't blood control on this day in the TdF. UCI adopted a no needle policy in May 2011 so what was this about?

post-32242-0-06616100-1350489706_thumb.png

wow hey, ain't cyclists a fun bunch. ride together, dope together throw you under the bus together....Stunning.

<checks through phonebook to check on number of cycling buddies>

wow hey, ain't cyclists a fun bunch. ride together, dope together throw you under the bus together....Stunning.

<checks through phonebook to check on number of cycling buddies>

It's a sick world out there Andrew.

Another story - Wiggo and a needle. Apparently there wasn't blood control on this day in the TdF. UCI adopted a no needle policy in May 2011 so what was this about?

Maybe it's a modern version of the Neil Young video, The needle and the damage.

Of course in the light of recent events, my (and many others') first reaction will be, but he's probably lying. That's what Lance gave us.

Bingo.

Some folks are trying to weigh up the good and bad of the guy. Yes, he did so much for the sport. But he's taken so much as well. So which side of the scale is heavier?

Well the point above does it for me. For the coming generations of cyclists, and it will not matter whether they are as clean as the driven snow, any amazing achievement by any new star will be met with a general cynical and dismissive "So what. He's a cyclist. His achievement is meaningless - it was all done with drugs." That's what he's taken away - the sense of awe and respect we had for these incredible athletes and the battles that were fought on those mountains. He took away our belief in the 'epicness' of the sport. He's taken away the accolades and respect that future riders will deserve by their achievements - before they've even happened.

I actually have a lot of sympathy for the guy in many respects - I'm really not a LA 'hater'. But hells bells, what a way to leave your mark on the sport.