Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

The judge had some harsh words for the LA team.

Two aspects that are interesting about this case:

ESPN reported yesterday that no athlete has ever been successful in gaining a federal interdict against a USADA action…

and…

In a twist, Armstrong is arguing against rules that his personal manager, Bill Stapleton, helped draft when he was a board member of the U.S. Olympic Committee and served as the chairman of the athletes' advisory council.

http://www.sportsnet...ismissed_usada/

Edited by Tumbleweed

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this bit:

The judge added that he viewed much of the verbiage in the filing as intended "solely to increase media coverage of this case, and to incite public opinion against Defendants. … The Court is not inclined to indulge Armstrong's desire for publicity, self-aggrandizement, or vilification of Defendants, by sifting through 80 mostly unnecessary pages in search of the few kernels of factual material relevant to his claims."

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/8146138/court-dismissal-puts-armstrong-unfamiliar-territory-future-professional-competitor-hangs-balance

From what i understand Lance cannot take part in triathlons now... until this case is resolved...

The mans life is messed up with all the interference from all of these guys... I guess he just wants to stop other people dictating what he can do!

And to all of you "Lance is a doper"... so what if he is... being right about it makes you no less or more of anything...

How on earth can you prove your innocence in a case like this... it is the same for Contador... its impossible! so you are guilty by the letter of the "law" even if you did not actually do it... and all of you sheep will say "yea I was right" and all you will be right about is the result of the case! :oops:

And even if he did dope... there are loads of other people who have doped... and lets just put this out there: it has nothing to do with cycling... but at least he has done good with his money... what other cyclist has achieved so much off the bike...

Lance is an Icon and will continue to do great things :clap: whilst we all comment on it! :ph34r:

When ever I am with non-cyclists... this is all I hear... Lance is a doper... cycling is full of dopers... That is what the media has done... and because there are more non-cyclists than cyclists... they are killing the sport! The problem with twitter and social media is that it is to people involved with the sport... The real damage with the Media is that it is the only one talking to the people who buy the cheap bikes so that our machines are more affordable - selfish I know...

..and I have already forgotten my point of this... OH yes... your opinion... if it is not same as mine... is irrelevant! :clap:

I can't remember what the quote was and who the rider was (pick any from Garin, Petit-Breton, Anquetil, Merckx, Hinault etc etc) but it was to the effect that there was no doping in the early races but just by chance the rider threw his bidon into a field where the left over "water" was drunk by a carthorse that went on to win the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe horse race.

Maybe its record should also be investigated!

I can't remember what the quote was and who the rider was (pick any from Garin, Petit-Breton, Anquetil, Merckx, Hinault etc etc) but it was to the effect that there was no doping in the early races but just by chance the rider threw his bidon into a field where the left over "water" was drunk by a carthorse that went on to win the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe horse race.

Maybe its record should also be investigated!

Hahahahaha!

Here's a fishy tale:

Anquetil recounted an incident in a hotel at La Rochelle where he and others were relaxing after a criterium: I think it was [Roger] Hassenforder's idea.. We started looking at the fish in a lovely little tank at the entrance to the restaurant. Hassen suddenly said: 'Let's give them something to liven them up a bit!' He got out of his pocket a few Maxitons and gave them to me... I threw them to the fish. And oh yes, amphetamines work just as well on fish, I can tell you. After 10 minutes they were thrashing from one end of the tank to the other."[32]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Anquetil

Edited by Tumbleweed

Dopers are killing the sport! Not the rules, the dopers. That, and corrupt UCI officials.

Why don't LA just serve his 2 year ban and take up tri again after that?

Dopers are killing the sport! Not the rules, the dopers. That, and corrupt UCI officials.

Why don't LA just serve his 2 year ban and take up tri again after that?

NO... dude... Media is killing the sport!... How can you guys not see it!?

c'mon... you are guilty because you have to be! because everyone else around you was guilty!??...

They say they have proof: it is a "suspicious" result!! - not fact!! It does not prove anything...

so every kid who grew up in a crappy neighborhood has become a criminal... just because everyone else did... its really sounds like one of those "ist" kinda judgments!

[sic]

I still doubt that the testimony by Leipheimer, Hincapie, Zabriskie, etc. exists. All of them have confirmed that they know nothing of a six month ban. So, that's out the window.

"Levi Leipheimer refused to comment on a Dutch newspaper report alleging he has testified to the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) as part of their investigation into Lance Armstrong. He also said he had no knowledge of a six-month ban being imposed on him from this September as a result of his alleged cooperation with the USADA investigation."

"

His (Hincapie) team president Jim Ochowicz also declined to comment on the specific claims. “We as a team don’t give comments about media stories that are written that we have no information about,” he said. “I can say that we have not received any information from any authority about this issue at all. Therefore we have no comment.”

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12296/Hincapie-Vaughters-and-Ochowicz-respond-to-USADA-witness-claims.aspx#ixzz20C7OXegl

I'm sure USADA has a case but seemingly the evidence will be only circumstantial. He said, she said, we said, etc etc. No the hardest thing to establish reasonable doubt...

goya-goya it's not the media who are destroying the sport, it's the guys who cheat and lie about their cheating who are destroying the sport. If in fact it is being destroyed.

Your comments here are pretty biased towards the cheating Texan and you appear to be pretty taken in by his money making schemes on the back of his cheating and lying.

Squier, USADA don't have to overcome reasonable doubt. This is not a criminal case.

Read the thread, the process has been discussed at length.....

Squier, USADA don't have to overcome reasonable doubt. This is not a criminal case.

Read the thread, the process has been discussed at length.....

Correct: Unlike “beyond a reasonable doubt” in a criminal case, the accusing party will only have to prove to a “comfortable satisfaction” (Article 3.1-WADA Code) that Armstrong committed anti-doping rule violations.

http://www.cyclismas...it-needs-to-be/

Edited by Tumbleweed

Quick result from the court is a surprize. The judge seemed to think he has a weak case.

I cant help but think the actions of LA are those somebody who does not want testimonies to be heard.

or maybe of somebody was is dead tired of being targeted year after year, over and over again...