Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can USADA strip a UCI title? I can not see how that is possible?? UCI do not agree with USADA... why would they follow through with the ruling?

Yeah, but as I said before, its a due process and it follows the letter of the law, whether JB ( who I detest by the way) or LA or any of us think its wrong, is not relevant, its the law as it stands, and the courts make rulings based on the law.

The only way to change the ruling is to change the law, maybe its something LA or even JB will attempt, I doubt it, but thats the only way the outcome will change. Sad, I agree, but true.

Yeah, the argument about jurisdiction was rather thin. While some have gone on about some of the misgivings Judge Sparks had about the way Usada went about things, he was unequivocal about Usada's right to proceed. Something that has been supported by Wada in the wake of Lance's announcement.

Many have posted that this will be bad for the sport. What will be worse for the sport is UCI getting involved at this stage.

Yeah, the argument about jurisdiction was rather thin. While some have gone on about some of the misgivings Judge Sparks had about the way Usada went about things, he was unequivocal about Usada's right to proceed. Something that has been supported by Wada in the wake of Lance's announcement.

Many have posted that this will be bad for the sport. What will be worse for the sport is UCI getting involved at this stage.

Yeah, agreed, the good Judge is simply following the law.

Can USADA strip a UCI title? I can not see how that is possible?? UCI do not agree with USADA... why would they follow through with the ruling?

Again its a process. They dont need to strip his titles, they just need to ban him retroactively, once he is banned he is deemed to not have won the race and the title will fall to the next person in line.

PS - There is a chance they may not ban him retroactively from say 99 but only from say 2007, then the titles from 99 to 07 will still stand - its still very unclear as to the process USADA will take, but from initial indications in the media they are seeking a ban from 99 I think. However that remains to be seen.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Again its a process. They dont need to strip his titles, they just need to ban him retroactively, once he is banned he is deemed to not have won the race and the title will fall to the next person in line.

PS - There is a chance they may not ban him retroactively from say 99 but only from say 2007, then the titles from 99 to 07 will still stand - its still very unclear as to the process USADA will take, but from initial indications in the media they are seeking a ban from 99 I think. However that remains to be seen.

UCI will be required by the IOC to recognise the USADA ban or risk being eliminated as an Olympic sport. Even Fat Pat will not risk that to save Armstrong, particularly as the evidence has remained out of the public view by Armstrong not contesting. Which is why UCI sided with Armstrong. They were scared sh!tless about who said what about the UCI.

So whos gonna get his titles? Ulrihch had his hands in the doping cookie hjar, Ivan basso has....now what, vINO AS WELL...I see fun on the horizon

Interesting question....here is the top 10 for the 2001 TdF.

Rank Name Team Time

1 Lance Armstrong (USA) US Postal Service 86h 17' 28" DOPER (USADA)

2 Jan Ullrich (GER) Telekom +6' 44" DOPER (YE OLDE SPANISH DOCTOR)

3 Joseba Beloki (ESP) ONCE +9' 05" DOPER (OPERATION PUERTO)

4 Andrei Kivilev (KAZ) Cofidis +9' 53" WINNER!!!!!!

5 Igor González (ESP) ONCE +13' 28" DOPER (BANNED AT TdF)

6 François Simon (FRA) Bonjour +17' 22" SECOND PLACE!!!!!!

7 Óscar Sevilla (ESP) Kelme +18' 30" DOPER (MULTIPLE OFFENCES)

8 Santiago Botero (COL) Kelme +20' 55" DOPER (BLOOD DOPING)

9 Marcos Antonio Serrano (ESP) ONCE +21' 45" THIRD PLACE!!!!!!

10 Michael Boogerd (NED) Rabobank +22' 38" DOPER? FLOYD ACCUSED HIM I THINK....

Not a pretty picture is it?

TT:

Yes…the charges were not contested, so what automatically goes into place will be a lifetime ban from any participation from any sport which recognises the WADA Code and disqualification from all results, including ant Tour de France victories, any other victories and placings beginning August 1st 1998 to the present.

Edited by Tumbleweed

TT:

Yes…the charges were not contested, so what automatically goes into place will be a lifetime ban from any participation from any sport which recognises the WADA Code and disqualification from all results, including ant Tour de France victories, any other victories and placings beginning August 1st 1998 to the present.

Yeah, shoo, so they seek disqualification from 98 then, I thought it was 99. Sending out a STRONG message I would say.

UCI will be required by the IOC to recognise the USADA ban or risk being eliminated as an Olympic sport. Even Fat Pat will not risk that to save Armstrong, particularly as the evidence has remained out of the public view by Armstrong not contesting. Which is why UCI sided with Armstrong. They were scared sh!tless about who said what about the UCI.

Yes, indeed, never thought of that.

Interesting question....here is the top 10 for the 2001 TdF.

Rank Name Team Time

1 Lance Armstrong (USA) US Postal Service 86h 17' 28" DOPER (USADA)

2 Jan Ullrich (GER) Telekom +6' 44" DOPER (YE OLDE SPANISH DOCTOR)

3 Joseba Beloki (ESP) ONCE +9' 05" DOPER (OPERATION PUERTO)

4 Andrei Kivilev (KAZ) Cofidis +9' 53" WINNER!!!!!!

5 Igor González (ESP) ONCE +13' 28" DOPER (BANNED AT TdF)

6 François Simon (FRA) Bonjour +17' 22" SECOND PLACE!!!!!!

7 Óscar Sevilla (ESP) Kelme +18' 30" DOPER (MULTIPLE OFFENCES)

8 Santiago Botero (COL) Kelme +20' 55" DOPER (BLOOD DOPING)

9 Marcos Antonio Serrano (ESP) ONCE +21' 45" THIRD PLACE!!!!!!

10 Michael Boogerd (NED) Rabobank +22' 38" DOPER? FLOYD ACCUSED HIM I THINK....

Not a pretty picture is it?

:lol: :lol: - Ha, Ha, you may have to start looking from position 30 onward in some of the events. :lol:

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Yeah, shoo, so they seek disqualification from 98 then, I thought it was 99. Sending out a STRONG message I would say.

Hmmmm.... disagree

Strong message = zero tolerance = death sentence = life time ban for all known (caught) dopers.

Stuff this 2 year sh1te