Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

My advice to all and sundry - enjoy the spectacle and ignore the drugs. Hell - I even enjoyed Ricco's "scalded cat" style clmbing - he could rip the wings off the best of climbers with nary a hair out of place. Superb human effort - tainted sure but superb none the less.

I agree. Well sort of... Cycling has it all. The visual spectacle. The peloton politics. The doping underworld. The recreational drug. The nearly legal groupies. The incest. The WAGs... I love it all.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see LA took front and back pages...

I see LA took front and back pages...

I do love the media - the only difference between yesterday and today is that Lance decided not to fight but suddenly it's game on to rev Lancey to the max.

They'd happily print that I boned me dog (according to an anonymous source who is protected by law) if it sold them 5 more newspapers.

I agree. Well sort of... Cycling has it all. The visual spectacle. The peloton politics. The doping underworld. The recreational drug. The nearly legal groupies. The incest. The WAGs... I love it all.
It's starting to sound dangerously like reality TV!!!!

Edit: how long before we see The Armstrongs TV show??

Edited by Eldron

UCI has asked USADA to submit their findings. I don't know the fat-pat inside story - what's up with the UCI's perspective? It sounds like the rational thing to do.

http://velonews.comp...anctions_234070

That story predates the current action. I reckon Pat would've slipped Lance's camp the evidence. Pat ain't known for being truthful. Ask the IOC...

It's starting to sound dangerously like reality TV!!!!

Edit: how long before we see The Armstrongs TV show??

Forget the Lance story...you boned your dog?!!!! :eek:

That story predates the current action. I reckon Pat would've slipped Lance's camp the evidence. Pat ain't known for being truthful. Ask the IOC...

He was talkin 'bout 'is b1tch!

:devil: :ph34r:

droptuckrollmywayouttahere...

Ah, ok, but there's a lot of chatter online. Google "uci isada armstrong" and set it to show the last hour.

Yeah - I read it on thehub. I allegedly boned me dog and blamed it on apartheid he he he.

Edit: Ohhh jeez - it actually happened http://news.iafrica.com/sa/813005.html

You're not related to that chick from Moreleta Park that was having, er, relations with her Yorkie and Lab, are you?

Edit to add link: http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/woman-in-court-for-sex-with-dogs-1.1368920

Edited by Tumbleweed

Ah, ok, but there's a lot of chatter online. Google "uci isada armstrong" and set it to show the last hour.

Got ya!

I find it odd though that a man like Fat Pat is allowed to sit at the Olympics when the IOC gave him a lifetime ban. Okay, sure, that was an athlete, but, still...

The fact remains, if they all doped, then the best athlete still won....

Nope, not the best athlete, the best doctor.

I've threatened to do that to other people's dogs.

I've threatened to do that to other people's dogs.

I know. Mine still gets nervous if I tell him I'm going for drinks with you...

After all, as a country, we're (officially) renowned for forgiving (but not forgetting) our past.

Interesting comment, and one which is relevant to this.

The Truth and Reconciliation committee (love it or hate it) had a simple approach.

In exchange for telling the full truth, no matter how heinous, you would not be tried for the crimes you committed. It allowed for murderers on both sides to escape punishment but at least some light was shone on dirty deeds.

Jonathan Vaughters has supported the idea of a TRC for cycling and maybe it is a way for the book to be closed on the last few years where doping sophistication really made a difference to performance.