Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

There will probably never be an end to this topic.

Keep it simple...positive test...life ban!

Anything else shouldn't count.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like lawyer BS speak to me... Does FL's (pun not intended) laywer mean to say that they did not know about the swiss "court case" at all and only heard about it after the ruling announced yesterday?

I seem to remember - it was either Hein or Pat, or both - saying Floyd couldn't be found to have the notice seved on him.

Sounds like lawyer BS speak to me... Does FL's (pun not intended) laywer mean to say that they did not know about the swiss "court case" at all and only heard about it after the ruling announced yesterday?

In the real world I deal with this all the time. Amercan lawyers like to think that the entire world should submit to their law and they pretend they can ignore the decisions made in other courts. Cycling is a global sport not an American one, and the Swiss HQ'd UCI (who lets face it right or wrong many things have been said about them) have a right of recourse to courts... not saying I agree with them excercising that right against the likes of Kimmage for the record (that was a dumb and counter-productive move) Edited by dracs

In the real world I deal with this all the time. Amercan lawyers like to think that the entire world should submit to their law and they pretend they can ignore the decisions made in other courts. Cycling is a global sport not an American one, and the Swiss HQ'd UCI (who lets face it right or wrong many things have been said about them) have a right of recourse to courts... not saying I agree with them excercising that right against the likes of Kimmage for the record (that was a dumb and counter-productive move)

I posed a question about some time back. In the Kimmage case, the comments and opinions were expressed in a British and French paper. Should the damages by sought in courts in those countries rather than in Switzerland.

In the real world I deal with this all the time. Amercan lawyers like to think that the entire world should submit to their law and they pretend they can ignore the decisions made in other courts.

Precisely why things like the pirate bay still thrive! God bless 'mericans...

I posed a question about some time back. In the Kimmage case, the comments and opinions were expressed in a British and French paper. Should the damages by sought in courts in those countries rather than in Switzerland.

It is doubtful they would win in a non Swiss court. The actions are more about them being able to say they (Fat Pat and the other Crook) have taken action to defend their good name than about the money. They are petrified that the flood gates will open if they stop playing hardball. The best part is they use the UCI's money to defend their own names. Can't lose really. But I think an English judge would require a higher level of proof of the damage done.

the UCI "concealed cases of doping, received money for doing so, have accepted money from Lance Armstrong to conceal a doping case, have protected certain racing cyclists, concealed cases of doping, have engaged in manipulation, particularly of tests and races," and more.

the UCI is "full of ****", "clowns" and "liars",

There, fixed. Thats the cenral message to this story.

In the age of the internet the fact that the papers are originally published in UK and France is irrelevant. Case law says the delict can be tried in any country where the defamed has suffered harm, and the defamed domicile is a logical place to start... Edited by dracs

In the age of the internet the fact that the papers are originally published in UK and France is irrelevant. Case law says the delict can be tried in any country where the defamed has suffered harm, and the defamed domicile is a logical place to start...

Thanks for the explanation. :thumbup:

Some tweets from Mr "Bad Blood":

Jeremy Whittle@jeremycwhittle

I'm assuming that publications that printed Landis's wild and outrageous allegations that the UCI are clowns and liars and full of ****...

Jeremy Whittle@jeremycwhittle

...and that the UCI is run like an episode of Father Ted (hang on - did he say that too?) will be donating the apology space free of charge

Can't remember who it was who tweeted yesterday that if the UCI are claiming victory because of Tyler's no-show, does that mean Lance's no-show means he's guilty…? :whistling:

By default yes but by public opinion i don't think so!

Public opinion has shifted a bit over the last two years…

I wish the doping era would be left alone in a secret box. It gives the sport a beautiful mystique about it. Just draw a harsh line and make it clean going forward!

I think it's fair to say we all know he doped. It's his constant denials and fakery that drives these ongoing stories.

I guess no one will really know. If they really had all the evidence they say they did (positive A and B samples) it should have been straight forward as with Contador and Schlek.

This is who his '99 jersey goes to - double standards much?

Alex Zulle, Switzerland. His 1998 team, Festina, was ousted from the Tour that year in connection with the widespread use of the performance-enhancing drug EPO. Zulle later admitted to using the blood-booster over the four previous years. The Festina affair nearly derailed the 1998 Tour, and is widely seen as the first big doping scandal to jolt cycling.