Cannondale Scalpel vs Epic Sworks for CAPE EPIC?

amoryns

I've riden both....Going with the Scalpel.....just has that little ..... Je ne Sais Quoi!

And rips the *** outta Spez!.....IMO!!!!

Yes tested on same TRAIL..... 3hrs each!!!!

cannondale is a very forgiving bike if u make a mistake its easy correct it

specialized is also reducing the number of dealers in the country so it will leave u with a lot of inconvinence when wanting service and spares where omnico is the agent for cannondale n they supply many shops around the country they have spares all the time and you can send in your shock in to be service at any shop that omnico supplies

Edited by spear

if iam not mistaken the cannondale top tube is slightly long so if the lady got a typical ladies built than i ll suggest the epic sworks if how ever the ladys builtis slightly masculine than scalpel than also you can get the ladies version of a scalpel it called a Cannondale Lexi

• 5 years later...

This topic was a 2012 topic.

Can I open a can of worms and ask either the Epic Expert or The Scalpel SI 3. A mate just got the SI3 yesterday and it was brought in with GX Eagle and not the XTR.Any help please on which one?

Between those two, I would pick the Santa Cruz ...

;)

Can the Cruz takes now two bottles in the triangle ?

Buy a Santa Cruz tallboy..done????

If a SC is out of your budget get a scalpel????

Tallboy for adventure, Blur for racing. Im not a fan of carbon rims, but theirs have the same lifetime warranty as the frame.

Buy a Santa Cruz tallboy..done

If a SC is out of your budget get a scalpel

I went from a Tallboy to a Scalpel Si3... no regrets at all - both in were in budget.

Scalpel = 2 cages in the frame

Tallboy = 1 cage in the frame and another behind the seat (which always get hit with the back wheel on biggish hits).

End of the day its not an easy choice on either of them.

Lefty is simply awesome.

Personal preference. Both bikes are designed for that type of race. Anyone thay says one is better than the other is talking rubbish - they are both excellent bikes and it comes down to which one suits you better.

My choice would be the Spaz Epic because it can hold 2 water bottles and some spares in the main frame, take a full size dropper post (or for that matter a third bottle on a rigid seatpost), it has a threaded bb instead of the press fit on the Cannondale, and I like the brain suspension system and am not a fan of Lefty forks.

But like I said - comes down to preference.