2013 Scott Spark 29

dev  null

At last Scott wakes up and dumps Dt Swiss. In my opinion it is a worthy bike with Fox suspension, but will the lower end models also be Fox equipped? It also looks very high tech with the gadgets on the rear shock and down tube, not sure if I like this....ok I don`t like it.

Edited by Berg Bok

Has anyone looked at the new 2013 Scott Spark 29? Apparently will have a lot more techno-wizardry built in.

Opinions please. Is it worth saving money for this?

http://www.bikerumor...te-system-more/

well one thing i can say for sure is you wont be able to fix it with some duct tape and Q20.

and would hate to know the result of sending it in for a service with mechanics that dont have electrical engineering degrees lol

Hmm ...a bad fall or cable gets hooked in something and bang goes your suspension ? Will be interesting to see how reliable it is.

Edited by marsbeetle

Just more things to fail and complicates a very simple system. As if fox wasnt over priced enough.

Hmm ...a bad fall or cable gets hooked in something and bang goes your suspension ? Will be interesting to see how reliable it is.

Just more things to fail and complicates a very simple system. As if fox wasnt over priced enough.

You'll might then end up having to support "recognised dealers" only which will blow a hole in your wallet.

I don't like this at all!

You'll might then end up having to support "recognised dealers" only which will blow a hole in your wallet.

I don't like this at all!

I see Rockshox now unveiled theirs as well, still think its total overkill.

Im old school - Aluminium frame and banana for race fuel.

I dont buy something I cant fix myself.

I like to have confidence in my equipment - I dont have that in electronic shifting or lockout yet.

Same here, can be very lonely out there when you're stuck with a mechanical.

i wonder how it will survive rough terrain asscoiated with mtb. fine if you spend time on flat smooth surfaces, but bouncing about?

or better yet, a sudden malfunction on a stiff downhill going into a corner and suddenly..............where the heck did that rebound come from??

I hear your comments, and yet we all drive cars today with engine management systems. Some folks here won't even know what a carburettor looks like. :whistling:

• 1 month later...

I hear your comments, and yet we all drive cars today with engine management systems. Some folks here won't even know what a carburettor looks like. :whistling:

But my legs dont pain when driving my car.