Schwalbe Tyres - Pffft

Cav'

They are quit thik and a bit heavier, but the best is to weigh the tyre at the lbs, the x-king protection 29 2.2 i bought has a claimed weight of 760grams but on the scale they are 680.

Was probably the last one in the batch and they ran out of rubber stuff....

RRalph non tubeless weighs what +/- 450g (guesstimate)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have run an EVO RR on both my bikes front, tubeless, with no issues with either bike for 2 years.

Done 3 Magalies Monsters, 2 Sani's, 2 years of good racing and never needed to even use a BOM in training or racing on them. Its also run at 1.4 bar to 1.6 bar, its whole life with no issues. Rear has run 1.6 to 1.8, no issues.

The rear, has had a few, but due to the soft compound, not to poor carcass. I have run GEAX Saguaro but they so heavy, when you swop them out your bike floats. The GEAX run very had compound rubber, to hardpack grip is poor, but they last forever.

come ride in the cape lol. apparently the most you can get out of them here is about 200km and then its in the bin.

Was probably the last one in the batch and they ran out of rubber stuff....

RRalph non tubeless weighs what +/- 450g (guesstimate)

Yeah but for that you can get the conti race sport versions they weigh in at 500grams or the ikon about 550 grams, and they have reinforced sidewalls. loved my racesports should import a few more.

My Racing ralphs evo did not do well at groenkloof . I had to plug three times in one ride. On my previous steed I had a pair of crossmarx they lasted forever and a day. They are impossible to remove with only two hands if you need to put in tube. Or so I have heard. In the three years I had them on I only had to plug them twice.

Get the Snake Skins!!!

I rode my set of RR Snake skins for more than 4000km, with ONLY 1 puncture, and I reached home without running completely flat. :whistling:

Great tyres, run well and last even better!

Edited by NINER_boy

Get the Snake Skins!!!

I rode my set of RR Snake skins for more than 400km, with ONLY 1 puncture, and I reached home without running completely flat.

400km? Hhahaha. Done more than a 1000km on my contis with 0 (zero) punctures.

But as mentioned earlier, it all comes down to prefernece and riding conditions.

I've been riding contis for almost a year with only one puncture on my last set.

Snake skin or nothing.

Had the non-snake skins and won't ever ride Scwhalbe again. Sidewall cuts galore!

Get the Snake Skins!!!

I rode my set of RR Snake skins for more than 4000km, with ONLY 1 puncture, and I reached home without running completely flat. :whistling:

I think you have one too many zeros in that 4000.

hahaha... you guys have had it bad...

I use Racing Ralphs on front and back...

i do not use Tubless... nor Tubless ready... nor Snakeskin... I use the kakest "performance" range... they are so *** that it took 2 days to seal the side-walls because they are sooo thin and porous... the bead is not even made for sealing!

I have done Outsurance KZN Expedition, Desert Dash, Sani2C, Boxlee Golovane, groenkloof on numerous occasion, suikerbosrand, even back roads in benoni to groenkloof, van gaalens, that other game farm in harties...

I do have to concede that I do not like the "pap" feel of soft tyres and run mine at 2.0 bar i weigh 70kg...

I beg you guys... dont buy these tyres... then the stores will sell them to me for a steal :w00t:

I think you have one too many zeros in that 4000.

Haha. Nothing a quick and quiet edit can't fix ;) lol

hahaha... you guys have had it bad...

I use Racing Ralphs on front and back...

i do not use Tubless... nor Tubless ready... nor Snakeskin... I use the kakest "performance" range... they are so *** that it took 2 days to seal the side-walls because they are sooo thin and porous... the bead is not even made for sealing!

I have done Outsurance KZN Expedition, Desert Dash, Sani2C, Boxlee Golovane, groenkloof on numerous occasion, suikerbosrand, even back roads in benoni to groenkloof, van gaalens, that other game farm in harties...

I do have to concede that I do not like the "pap" feel of soft tyres and run mine at 2.0 bar i weigh 70kg...

I beg you guys... dont buy these tyres... then the stores will sell them to me for a steal :w00t:

Lol ,do you atleast use tyre liners and slime in your tubes?

What the hell are tyre liners???

I do use rim strips and Stans... Had to put stans in... then when they deflated... I put Stans in again... and after they deflated again I put stans in again!!

After "sealing" them ... I would put them in the bath... and you can see the bubbles coming through the sidewall!!!!

Until they were sealed proper! :clap: