AM tyres... what you running?

patches

However when trying to sprint down some flat trail and you stop pedaling to catch a breather, it feels as if you have deployed a parachute.

i know, EXACTLY whatchu mean  ^_^

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I noticed in the short time I had the TRS+ up front (I lost the tyre when insurance took my bike away when I "wrote it off").

The rolling resistance was reduced drastically compared to the TRSr up front. There was a bit of a difference in grip but it was still not bad as a front tyre at all! I would say it is on par with the Spaz Butcher grip wise. Noting that the Spaz Butcher number 1 on my list for trail/enduro riding/racing. The TRSr I prefer to use on shuttle days or for DH.

Once gradient is involved the TRSr really is majestic! However when trying to sprint down some flat trail and you stop pedaling to catch a breather, it feels as if you have deployed a parachute.

Combo's tested:

1) Front:TRSr, Rear: TRS+.

2) Front:TRSr, Rear: Spaz Slaughter Grid.

3) Front:TRS+, Rear: Spaz Slaughter Grid.

4) Front:TRSr, Rear: Spaz Butcher Grid.

That bad, eh?

I'm running spez fast traks F & R for Sani - if it rains, i am so screwed.  

Oh well...adds to the fun.

I'm running spez fast traks F & R for Sani - if it rains, i am so screwed.  

Oh well...adds to the fun.

I can't imagine the fast track having much grip on the front to start with. They will roll hella fast though!

Just ignore the rain and ride it like its dry. If you believe it, you can do it!

I can't imagine the fast track having much grip on the front to start with. They will roll hella fast though!

Just ignore the rain and ride it like its dry. If you believe it, you can do it!

Correct.  Let's just say that the handling is, well, "interesting"...

Unfortunately, no time to get bike serviced or tyres changed and i am sure as #### not going to do it the night before we leave.  

The E13 dual compound is something to be tried up front!

The triple compound as mentioned grips like hell but doesn't roll too nicely when you are on trails without too much gradient.

I would say the dual compound up front offers roughly the same grip as a Spaz Butcher but with the extra width and volume of the E13 tyres.

Put a trsr on the front and grips like **** on a blank and the rolling resistance is not bad at all and definitely won't change it to a trs+ that is for the rear. Raced Cascades and it's so steep there that you have to walk but I really did not find the rolling bad at all.

Can someone please explain this volume obsession? Higher (not wider) sidewalls are stupid. 

Option 1: less than 1.5 bar pressure - squirms

Option 2: more than 1.5 bar - no benefit from larger volume

Put a trsr on the front and grips like **** on a blank and the rolling resistance is not bad at all and definitely won't change it to a trs+ that is for the rear. Raced Cascades and it's so steep there that you have to walk but I really did not find the rolling bad at all.

Was your shuttle broken? 

I also had my TSRr on the front at Cascades.

Correct.  Let's just say that the handling is, well, "interesting"...

Unfortunately, no time to get bike serviced or tyres changed and i am sure as #### not going to do it the night before we leave.  

When are you leaving?

Can someone please explain this volume obsession? Higher (not wider) sidewalls are stupid. 

Option 1: less than 1.5 bar pressure - squirms

Option 2: more than 1.5 bar - no benefit from larger volume

Big generalisation on your part.

Carcass strength and rim width all play a part in how much a tyre squirms, if at all.

If you enjoy shorty tyres, get some Michelins.

Big generalisation on your part.

Carcass strength and rim width all play a part in how much a tyre squirms, if at all.

If you enjoy shorty tyres, get some Michelins.

Have to admit it is a big generalization.

However, in my experience I have never perceived a benefit from a higher sidewall. I would rather have a "shorter" tire at my desired pressure which is more stable on the rim and would generally be lighter. 

Pardon my ignorance, but what the hell is a high and short tire?  

That is the ultra -technical terms for tyre sidewall length, when measured from the tread to rim bead. Some tyres, such as Michelins, are quite short, whereas others are quite tall.

That is the ultra -technical terms for tyre sidewall length, when measured from the tread to rim bead. Some tyres, such as Michelins, are quite short, whereas others are quite tall.

Just saw your footer. Lol.