amoryns

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No ,it's easy.

Epic = Bragging status.

J2C if you love your bike and the sport of mountainbiking.

+1,000,000 (spot on!)

joberg2c FTW, epic has the coverage, the big names and the epic sticker on your bike, joberg2c has the route, the vibe and the hospitality at the right price.

I think......you can not compare the 2.....EPIC is EPIC and the Joberg2C is a JOURNEY, a ride that you will never forget!! In Joberg2C it's about the race villages, the tracks, the comraderie, the awesome communities, their waterpoints, the food, the free Seattle Coffee, the Karan Beef steaks, the AWESOME organisation!! It's a JOURNEY from Heidelberg to Scottburgh! As they say at the Joberg2C.....the route is KING!!!

I think I might also be biased.....sorry!

I did J2C in 2010. I Just got goose bumps reading your post. I've already entered for next year.

I've never done Epic, but it is something I have to do one day (when I earn the big bucks).

Amoryn, I know you like bragging status but in all honesty from all the people who I know who have done both, you will regret not doing Jo'burg 2C.

+1,000,000 (spot on!)

Spot on - have done both. J2C a lot easier and more enjoyable as mentioned in all the points above. Days 4 and 8 are the best MTBing one can hope for on a stage race.

Epic is the EPIC - very different, with hard core routes, a gun against the head if you do not make cut-off, etc. Still a must do.

I think......you can not compare the 2.....EPIC is EPIC and the Joberg2C is a JOURNEY, a ride that you will never forget!! In Joberg2C it's about the race villages, the tracks, the comraderie, the trails, the awesome communities, their waterpoints, the trails, the food, the trails, the free Seattle Coffee, the trails, the Karan Beef steaks, the trails,, the AWESOME organisation!! It's a JOURNEY from Heidelberg to Scottburgh! As they say at the Joberg2C.....the route is KING!!!

I think I might also be biased.....sorry!

Thanks for explaining it superbly. I did fix your post up a little. :D

If you had anything to do with the development of the trails on the land in Heidelberg, then I may have met you...

If you had anything to do with the development of the trails on the land in Heidelberg, then I may have met you...

Yes, I played a very small role in cleaning and working on the Karan Beef tracks on day 1 of Joberg2C.....BUT, all the honour for that goes to my good mate, KnobbyMech!! :thumbup:

JIP!! I AGREE....THANKS FIXING MY POST.... :clap: :w00t: ...the TRAILS are indeed AWESOME!! :thumbup:

Should the choice not be between the epic & the pioneer? J2C is a must!
I have put epic on permenant hold .Doing pioneer 2012 jb2c 2013 Edited by arendoog

I have put epic on permenant hold .Doing pioneer 2012 jb2c 2013

What he said!

Yes, I played a very small role in cleaning and working on the Karan Beef tracks on day 1 of Joberg2C.....BUT, all the honour for that goes to my good mate, KnobbyMech!! :thumbup:

Cool. Then he may be the dude I met when he rode with the Swampdogs. ;)