2013 Scott Range?

PeterF

It seems that the people at Scott really know how to keep a secret. Apparently the 2013 Scott bikes are on their way to the local bike shops, but noone seems to know what they look like or what specs are!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that the people at Scott really know how to keep a secret. Apparently the 2013 Scott bikes are on their way to the local bike shops, but noone seems to know what they look like or what specs are!

That makes a change!

Usually they are marketted for months before they are released, and then there is a major stock shortage. (all the adverts and no product)

Scott normally makes their new ranges public on 1 September. Hopefully the guys at Probike bring in a larger range of Foils. We only get two here in SA, but there is probably 8 or so in the range.

I hope they have a ali 27.5.

I read a longish write-up on Bikerumour about 27.5 yesterday where they asked numerous bike brands a few questions about 27.5 bikes.Scott, Spez, Santcruz and a couple of other big brands are not touching it for now...

Im also not convinced. I think its for peeps who want to be on a different band wagon to 29ers..

And I wonder how much of a difference it really makes, Its like one inch.. I'll ride one if Im given one, but I seriously think its just another fad by people who want best of both which its not. Nino might get 2% more out of it then a 29er but me and you..probably wont notice it if we were blind folded

Almost time to buy new discounted 2012 bikes :clap:

They have already sold out on some models....

Almost time to buy new discounted 2012 bikes :clap:

exactly what I was thinking... Santa might come sooner than I thought...

Actually, No. I started a thread about the 2013 Spark a few days ago. See http://www.thehubsa....__fromsearch__1

so

as he stated.. pretty much just new paint job.

apart from the shocks which is components, theres not much new. That frame looks quite similar to the 2012 version.

I like the idea of a Fox fork and am hoping for a 15mm thru axle and tapered headtube.

I think some of the Sparks will come with a fox rear shock instead of the DT Swiss.

I find that interesting as far as i am aware DTSwiss has a parterning agreement with Scott which most people say should have been ditched ages ago. Since my only gripe with the scott spark is that they need to stiffen the geometry up a bit, and get rid of the DT SwissCheese shock at the back.