Cell phone storage while cycling

Tubeless

This morning I had a nice off and am very lucky not to have damaged my phone which was in my pants pocket.

What other options are there.......

How do you carry your cell while cycling?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a R150 nokia from pep and a pay as you go sim. Put it in a zip lock bag, then in my saddle bag.

The phone is small so fits easily.

Just ensure you make at least one call a month to ensure your sim is not deactivated.

Bought a R150 nokia from pep and a pay as you go sim. Put it in a zip lock bag, then in my saddle bag.

The phone is small so fits easily.

Just ensure you make at least one call a month to ensure your sim is not deactivated.

so how do you run Endomondo? :drool:

Topeak Tri-bag (connects around the stem and the top tube), small ziplock bag for water damage. If it rings while I'm riding its easy to screen the call and decide if I need to take it or not.

Saddle bag, or now that I have a Camelbak, in there. I have a gps, so I don't need endomondo. I lost my phone a while back by having it in my pants pocket, but fortunately someone found it on the trail and I got it back.

I think you do get phone brackets that you could mount it on your stem / toptube.

I keep mine in a small camera pouch which is attached to the left side shoulder strap of my camelbak. This is because I often ride during working hours and may need to answer calls quickly. I can also hear it easily and I am unlikely to damage it there.

I keep mine in a small camera pouch which is attached to the left side shoulder strap of my camelbak. This is because I often ride during working hours and may need to answer calls quickly. I can also hear it easily and I am unlikely to damage it there.

Are you complaining or bragging? Geez, lucky bugger!

This is not good, there seem to be lots of saddle bags, camelbaks and heavens alive a tri-bag being used. Do we need to go back to style basics here?

I wrap mine in clingwrap and put it in my back pocket.

Tri bag for me too. When I have my Camelbak on it goes in there but I try not to use the bag in winter.

I put my phone in a pocpac. If I can't find the pocpac in a hurry, I just grab a sock.