Olympic Cycles Online

Delilah

Just had extremely dissapointing dealings with Olympic :thumbdown:

Placed an order online on June 21st. Paid by credit card. Received an invoice. Assumed all is well. Okay, no package or word received by today, so I phone the number on their website. Guess what? The number THEY give on THEIR website is not the right one for the online shop. Wait, listening to canned music, and get through to a confused sounding person who thought my online order is for... get this... REPAIRS :huh: Over the internet nogal?

Okay, so I suggest that maybe she would have more success if she had my order number. She disappears from the line, I hear papers being shuffled around. She returns. Okay, she found my order on the desk of a colleague who has since gone on leave! Well I never! I wonder when he was planning to ship my stuff? After school holidays? Also, they are now not sure whether they still have both items in stock. Wonderful. I am awaiting a return call with little or no optimism :angry:

EDIT: Ask to speak with Jason in case of any problems with orders from Olympic - he will sort it out.

Edited by Delilah

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their website is not up to date with stock or prices and their actual shop is a shambles because of the renovations they are doing.

Shopping @ either is potentially disastrous at the moment.

Their website is not up to date with stock or prices and their actual shop is a shambles because of the renovations they are doing.

Shopping @ either is potentially disastrous at the moment.

Oh dear :( Why, oh why, does CWC not carry the Lezyne product line???

EDIT: Has anyone had successful dealings with them (online)?

Edited by Delilah

This is why... I am avoiding any online shopping... too many of these shops stuff the order up or have next to no or little idea about customer service... :thumbdown:

I like the idea of buying the stuff in the shop... then there is no issue with delayed order, out of stock issues... plus I get my stuff right away :thumbup:

This is why... I am avoiding any online shopping... too many of these shops stuff the order up or have next to no or little idea about customer service... :thumbdown:

I like the idea of buying the stuff in the shop... then there is no issue with delayed order, out of stock issues... plus I get my stuff right away :thumbup:

Yeah, wish I could. Potch LBSs don't carry much stock and ordering is just as much a hit-and-miss affair as online shopping.

I had great service from them. Phone a talk with Jason.

Thanks Majestic, I'll try that!

am still waiting fro them to call me back for my bike order. three weeks later I bought somewhere else...

Yup talk to Jason, I know him well and he is always willing to sort stuff out for you... Had nothing but great service both instore as well as online!

@Delilah, yip that does not help either...

I have just had issues with most online shop's in the last little while that has put me off them something serious...

looking forward to seeing the shop once they've finished building, they have everything, but they cant always find their stock.....they should really be the complete market leader in terms of bike shops in cape town......

Yup talk to Jason, I know him well and he is always willing to sort stuff out for you... Had nothing but great service both instore as well as online!

That's their problem right there. There is only ever one person to talk to in the entire shop and when that person is not available......

The lady on the phone/first line and some of the others just don't know enough to assist clients. I've only ever dealt with them once, and in the end all they could say was "speak to Jason" (who is great indeed).

That's their problem right there. There is only ever one person to talk to in the entire shop and when that person is not available......

And that is indeed the case right now. Spoke to another guy, but he has to "go find out". Again, I've just been promised a call back.

I had excellent service from them, one bad dealing doesn't mean they are terrible, get over yourself.

I had excellent service from them,

Online or shop or both?

EDIT: This "one bad dealing" represents multiple instances of bad customer care: not finalising my order, not answering two e-mails I sent, not returning calls.

Edited by Delilah

am still waiting fro them to call me back for my bike order. three weeks later I bought somewhere else...

A lot of shops and businesses in various industries are guilty of that.

We needed repairs (gutters, roof & waterproofing) done to our house, but felt like we had to beg companies to take our money. needless to say, the companies that actually got back to us go the job.

looking forward to seeing the shop once they've finished building, they have everything, but they cant always find their stock.....they should really be the complete market leader in terms of bike shops in cape town......

Indeed, I am sure the shop will be great when the renovations are complete. It really did need an upgrade.