Olympic Cycles Online

Delilah

That is too bad then, for those of us who can't get to their shop. I love Lezyne pumps.

Just give them a call with the item that you want, they will just ship it to you as if it was online.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just give them a call with the item that you want, they will just ship it to you as if it was online.

Thanks Covie, I'll keep that in mind for future purchases :thumbup:

Looking forwards to seeing what their new store is going to look like. Just hope they resist the temptation to fill it to the brim with bikes and kit. It's nice to have a bit of room when you're shopping for stuff you never knew you needed.

Oh great, Olympic uses First Freight. You are given a tracking number (only if you specifically request it), but can't use online tracking because you don't have login details for the First Freight website. You have to call First Freight and go through a number of people until you finally reach someone who can search for the package on their system... only to then tell you he isn't sure where it is, he THINKS it should have been delivered already :huh: Still no sign of package. Olympic might have a fine brick-and-mortar store, but they are just not geared for online sales. What a pity.

EDIT: Okay, the above was what happened when I phoned the First Freight in JHB. Just phoned Cape Town branch for tracking info. Get this: they say the package is in JHB!!!

Edited by Delilah

....and here I was just considering buying from Olympic... you'd think these stores with an online presence would hang out online to see what is being said and answer queries!

if you looking for a walk in lbs go alil further down the road to crown cycles :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I have had terrible experiences from the Service department: they lost my bike for about 40 minutes, then added on R1grand of parts that didnt solve the basic problem, after which I brough the bike back 4 times to attempt a solution. In the end, I have gone somewhere else. I can honestly say that Olympic have killed my enjoyment of mountain bikign this year.

Further up Lansdowne road, opposite the Mica hardware :thumbup:

You must mean DOWN Landsdowne Road. This is Cape Town, we have to make it confusing.