Vegan "Brooks" saddles

No Hare

This is what I want: Brook saddles for our bikes. Only problem is that the girlfriend/ riding partner is a vegan and a “nutter” when it to animal rights and things that go “moo” in the night.

None of the options I saw with a web search is available locally. What non leather alternatives are available in SA that can compete with a Brooks?

Presently I enjoy the company of the lady quite a bit, so letting her go is not an option. ..

Help

The properties of the leather is what makes a Brooks saddle "work". I seriously doubt if a similar-looking saddle, made from anything else, would come close to the experience you expect from such a saddle :unsure:

EDIT: Put a cover over the saddle. What the eye doesn't see... :devil:

Edited by Delilah

This is what I want: Brook saddles for our bikes. Only problem is that the girlfriend/ riding partner is a vegan and a “nutter” when it to animal rights and things that go “moo” in the night.

None of the options I saw with a web search is available locally. What non leather alternatives are available in SA that can compete with a Brooks?

Presently I enjoy the company of the lady quite a bit, so letting her go is not an option. ..

Help

Does your girlfriend wear any leather shoes?

Help

I take it she has no leather shoes either?

Help

What car does she drive...?

one of those plastic jobs.... but then she may feel as if she was riding with no brooks after 10km :blink:

No vegan is 100% vegan if they've ever taken meds for any condition. Not even going into the fact that all active pharmaceutical ingredients are tested on animals before they are tested on humans, many of the excipients in dosage forms are obtained from animals in some way.

EDIT: Sorry that was off-topic (kinda). Still, Brooks = leather. Something that looks like a Brooks, but has no leather, is not a Brooks - simple. Rather stick with Fiziks or such.

Edited by Delilah

No vegan is 100% vegan if they've ever taken meds for any condition. Not even going into the fact that all active pharmaceutical ingredients are tested on animals before they are tested on humans, many of the excipients in dosage forms are obtained from animals in some way.

EDIT: Sorry that was off-topic (kinda). Still, Brooks = leather. Something that looks like a Brooks, but has no leather, is not a Brooks - simple. Rather stick with Fiziks or such.

A true Vegan would have to walk around naked, sleep under a tree and graze when they were hungry (that is provided grass doesn't have feelings...

Tell her it is synthetic leather and that they have made really giant steps in getting the synthetic leather to perform as well as the real thing. Such big steps in fact that it is really difficult to tell them apart.... They even smell similar!

If it isn't leather it isn't Brooks

My Brother and his wife are vegan. They won't even buy pets from a breeder but they adopted some unwanted pets. The only thing they cheat with is that they feed their pets normal food. A 100% vegan would feed them special vegan pet food.

Help

Moo's sleep at night