Carrying tools etc?

Clinton1

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

And I'd need the latest carbon bike but must ensure I get the right brand. And what is that best label clothing brand again? And drop the cycling shorts and wear baggies. And I'll need an audi/bmw too. And I might need to move house to a "cool" area! Damn, this being cool is hard work... :D

you were misinformed, stuffing crap in your back pockets is "race snake like" and uber cool. Not dying of thirst while having all your goodies nicely packed away and being all comfortable is totally uncool.

Jeez do some research.

I don't think guys are saying it, they are giving advice based on their own experiences. a camelbak will make your life easier...FACT...is it worth it, well that only you can answer.

Some reckon I don't read what is being suggested. How wrong they are. I've just been doing extensive research on Camelbaks (yip, work is suffering) and besides the vast choices I am regularly greeted with people asking about heat and sweat. The answer usually comes back that it is not too bad which immediately makes me think it MUST be worse than no camelbak. This is what worries me. Getting hot when I ride is one of the things that ruins my enjoyment the most. It was for this reason that I got a new helmet recently.

If I do get a Camelbak I just ensure it is of great use to me so I was looking at the Octane XTC which is great for trail running too. Problem is I now can't find out if it'll fit all I need to fit (especially the spare tube)

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

And I'd need the latest carbon bike but must ensure I get the right brand. And what is that best label clothing brand again? And drop the cycling shorts and wear baggies. And I'll need an audi/bmw too. And I might need to move house to a "cool" area! Damn, this being cool is hard work... :D

If you drop your cycling shorts, make sure it is in the privacy of your own home....

Baggies are not cool. They are a lifestyle!

Generally.

One/two water bottles.

Two bombs, a tube, mini-pump and a multi tool. Find that all of these including wallet, phone and keys fit comfortably in my jersey pockets.

If I've taped a tube on the seat post anywhere, I just sprinkle talc powder in it and wrap it in a small plastic bag before taping it down. Pretty can be left there fuss free afterwards.

Of course your arrogance would mean.........

You are a funny one chap, ask for advice, then engage in an argument with those that give it to you and all this because you are too cheap to try and figure out which might be a mistake.

you were misinformed, stuffing crap in your back pockets is "race snake like" and uber cool. Not dying of thirst while having all your goodies nicely packed away and being all comfortable is totally uncool.

Jeez do some research.

Ha ha, phew, so I can scratch the camelbak now I just need to find the best cycling label with shirts with extra large back pcokets! ;) And the audi for my GF to follow me with spares...

Some reckon I don't read what is being suggested. How wrong they are. I've just been doing extensive research on Camelbaks (yip, work is suffering) and besides the vast choices I am regularly greeted with people asking about heat and sweat. The answer usually comes back that it is not too bad which immediately makes me think it MUST be worse than no camelbak. This is what worries me. Getting hot when I ride is one of the things that ruins my enjoyment the most. It was for this reason that I got a new helmet recently.

If I do get a Camelbak I just ensure it is of great use to me so I was looking at the Octane XTC which is great for trail running too. Problem is I now can't find out if it'll fit all I need to fit (especially the spare tube)

Isnt the octane huge..... let me google it.

Yeah the XTC is massive, you could keep half your fridge and garage in that thing.

so

2 bombs

1 tube

1 pump

1 mini bottle of stans

Sound like you may as well just take

2 bombs

1 tube

1 pump

some tube patches

Nah the tube is plan D

Plan A is I doing farkol...stan's does its job, seals puncture I carry on hearing a slight hisssss that stops.

Plan B is I need to plug the hole...tape it with electric tape around rim and use 1 x bomb to inflate

Plan C is when the hole is too big to be plugged or its a sidewall cut...insert tyre boot add small bottle of stan's and use 1 x bomb to inflate

Plan D is when Plan C fails to hold air but at least covers sidewall cut, insert tube and use 1 x bomb to inflate

Fail to prepare...prepare to fail, you know that ol chestnut

I would if i could see your messages

Thank goodness, you have now unblocked me :clap:

@Grebel sorry mate, never meant to call you a fun rider.

You are a funny one chap, ask for advice, then engage in an argument with those that give it to you and all this because you are too cheap to try and figure out which might be a mistake.

Huh? So instead of asking for recommendations I must go out and buy a saddle bag, camelbak, water bottle tool holder and then try them all out myself and decide. I think there is a word for that as well - stupid!

I like to refer to it as a discussion but you can call it an argument if that's what blows your hair back.

Isnt the octane huge..... let me google it.

Yeah the XTC is massive, you could keep half your fridge and garage in that thing.

Nope, wrong one then and my mistake with the name, it's small.

http://www.cwcycles....e-xct-hydration

I like the price of the Classic but it has very little space and I'd be back to square one.

Edited by Clint_ZA

Nah the tube is plan D

Plan A is I doing farkol...stan's does its job, seals puncture I carry on hearing a slight hisssss that stops.

Plan B is I need to plug the hole...tape it with electric tape around rim and use 1 x bomb to inflate

Plan C is when the hole is too big to be plugged or its a sidewall cut...insert tyre boot add small bottle of stan's and use 1 x bomb to inflate

Plan D is when Plan C fails to hold air but at least covers sidewall cut, insert tube and use 1 x bomb to inflate

Fail to prepare...prepare to fail, you know that ol chestnut

I now carry three bombs have had to use a bomb after a plug, and then had to use a bomb after a tear, and then totally ripped the tear and had to use a tube. All in one fun race.

I couldn't agree more, I hate being uncomfortable while riding...so the camelbak models I suggested come with a frame inside the back, it doesn't sit flush on your back, it sorta sits on a small piece of your should blades and alows air to pass freely over your back so your clothing can breath normally