Scott Scale 29 Pro-what would you change???

tunariaan

<p>I have had this bike for a few months and i am really enjoying it, it's an size xl and with the tubless and heavier wheels it is about 10.9kg's

i was a bit lighter but with the rocket ron tyres i had endless tyre problems , these maxi icon's so far has been great and i will also use them for the Pioneer

This bike climbs really well and i love it on the xc races, although it a big bike and a big size i mange it well

I am 1.93 and weighs 87kg's

If you had to change anything on this to make it more racing fit what would it be and why

the weight seems to be ok for me but lighter might work i just wont know for now

Would you change to a bigger rotar for example ?

Please tell me what you think?

Here is some of the original info

Thanks

Product name Bike Scale 29 Pro Sizes S, M, L, XL Frame Scale 29 Carbon, IMP3, HMF NET, Tapered HT, PM 160 Disc, Carbon dropout, PFBB92, replaceable hanger, SDS shock damping system Fork Rock Shox SID 29 RL Air, Tapered steerer, Pop Loc remote Lockout, rebound adjustable, 100mm trav Headset Ritchey Pro Tapered 1.5“ - 1 1/8“, semi integrated 50 / 61mm Rear Derailleur Sram X0 carbon long cage, 20 Speed Front Derailleur Sram X9, High Mount dual pull 34.9mm Shifters Sram X9 Trigger, multi%2

post-25947-0-74239200-1341539054.jpg

Edited by tunariaan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the Avids are prone to squeal and they're a bitch to service. If yours run quietly, keep em. If you wish to change them, look at the Formula R1's too. If you have money burning a hole in your pockets you can go for a good custom built wheekset too. Chris King with ZTR flows, but be warned, they'll set you back at least R10k. Nothing wrong with your current wheels, so the last one is purely for indulgence.

i must be honest , the wheels seems to be fine but the brakes can be very noisy

i have read some reports on the Formula 1's and they say it not the best for overall wet conditions

These brakes are very noisy, but i though it might be to do with dirt in the pads

Thanks for the info

Change the rotors to hope, they will not squeek again.

I have the same bike, mine is good as gold.

Just changed the tyres but that's personal choice.

Don't upgrade from XT to XTR. Lots of $$$ for what? If you really feel the need to upgrade you brakes buy Formula R1 Racing or R1's. They will be quite a bit lighter, offer better modulation and stopping power.

Which wheelset is on there?

Upgrades on mine:

Full XT with XTR RD (probably a little heavier than Sram, but was gatvol of Sram on my previous bike.)

Wheelset to Magic Rims, Pillar Spokes, DDP tech hubs. (probably not the lighest but VERY strong and stff. I weigh 93kg)

Put the Ritchey Carbon Seat post, and Carbon Truvativ Bars with Truvativ Stem.

And Ritchey WCS Saddle.

Weight 9.6kg for a large.

Custom Build mine. Weigh 8.8

Look Quarts Carbon Ti pedals

Formula R1 carbon lever brakes

Rotor crank with Q rings

Richey stem and post (carbon)

Nior Carbon 600mm Bar

Enve clincher Rims/Sapin Spokes/Tune hubs and tune skewers

Selle Ital SLR Carbon saddle (135 Gram)

XX - Casset, Rear anf front derail, chain

Spec Brain Fork

Spec S Works 29 x1.95 tyre on front

Spec Control 29 x 1.8 tyre on rear.

post-25975-0-53555000-1341561279.jpg

Edited by Andro

Custom Build mine. Weigh 8.8

8.8kg !!! Whats the specs please.....

( enve wheels :thumbup: )

LOL, you guys are all shaving some grams from your claimed weights, or your scales are a bit out....

Almost like how the fishermen adds a bit, cyclist shave a bit.... whenever someone tells me their bike weighs xx I add a good few grams to it, atleast 300g or more

Edited by TheV

Good for You. Mine was actually weight by lbs. And weighed again at other shop. same reading.

If you

know you components you have no doubt that this is well possible. The question is; how much you willing to pay.

I have the Spark Pro. I changed the seat post - biggest weight saving, I changed the handlebar to carbon. I changed the rims to American Classic (only because I had them). The rest is sweet