Groenkloof Bike Jacking

klevin

Just some feedback as of 15h48 on fri 13 july no response to my email that i sent to the reserve manager on thurs 12 july. Lets hope they are so busy with the solution that they cannot reply to mails

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some feedback as of 15h48 on fri 13 july no response to my email that i sent to the reserve manager on thurs 12 july. Lets hope they are so busy with the solution that they cannot reply to mails

Barely been 24hrs, if a response is expected that urgently rather follow up with a phone call. He's a game ranger, not a clerk.

Phoned the office today and left a message, but I do have his cell number at home. Shall call him over the weekend.

Hopefully we'll have more clarity on Monday.

I saw this afternoon that they are putting up new fencing on the Nelson Mandela drive side, it also looks like they are raising the fences, does this mean that they are taking the recent events seriously, I hope so

I spoke to a guard yesterday who said that they are taking the recent happenings very seriously.

He also said that the hijacked bike was recovered and that the dad was just there to pick it up.

I like the idea of volunteer radio carriers. I for one would be more than willing to pick up and carry a Groenkloof radio with me when doing my laps.

If there are 4 radio's with volunteer carriers out on the route at any one time over the weekend any dodgy activity or emergencies could get reported to some sort of response team very quickly.

Unbelievable!! This suck big time!! Last week a car was stolen there and now this.

They tried to steal my buds Audi about 2 weeks ago. Ripped his dash apart. I say pretend to go cycling with some friends, wait in the bushes and spring em with baseball bats.

Was there yesterday, did the ride along the Botha ave fence. The whole fence is secure (I've done my fair share of anti-poaching in a previous age) Also took a gander at the R21 side, but did not do the whole line. There's one or two suspect spots there - no breach, but obvious activity. Was reported at the gate, the guys seemed grateful. Also did a run along the George Storrar side of Klapperkop's fence, three BIG holes in there, big enough to get a bike through.

How about we (meaning someone else please look into it) set up a 'fence patrol' form that you can get at the gate, then fill in details as you see it, with times etc. Drop off at gate and they can use as needed. If you fill in 10 forms, you get a noddy badge (or discount :) ) and if you fill in 1000 you get a season ticket :D

was there saturday.

there was some activity with security guards looking for suspicious persons. asked us to report if we see something suspect.

dont know the details, but at least they are aware of the situation, and actively doing something about it.

Please do not stop supporting groenkloof - it's a great place to ride, and rather than critisize the management - offer assistance.

Backing you up n this one - lemme know when I can light the torch and grab the pitchfork. It's unacceptable!

Indeed, whoever runs the reserve needs to take action to stop criminals!

It has now being more than a week and still no response to my mail to the managment of the reserve.????????????????