Groenkloof Bike Jacking

klevin

Ja, I agree. Would never let my kid ride alone. Even if he/she was on a reserve

Huh, cant belive you guys are going there!?!, when I was 10 I was out on my bike in the streets till late every day after school. Our kids should be allowed to enjoy this freedom as well......but they cannot.....so at least in a fenced entry paid controlled area one should be able to do this. Don't now start trying to make it the parents fault :cursing:

Edited by Wipeout2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm with wipeout2 on this one - not the parents fault.

grown-ups also gets bikejacked - where are their parents? :)

cant ride with my 11 yr old in his next xco race (1: they will beat me, and 2: i will embarrass my son)

Is this the point where the thread becomes a rant again.. ?? How many people ride Groenies.. How many have some feeling of responsibility and would not mind watching for suspicious activity while out on a ride. I think if you took the numbers and halved that, you would still have a serious patrol group and make a firm statement that this type of crop is not acceptable..

Try making something of this thread and be proactive guys.. we know this country is in a bad state, go do something!

Huh, cant belive you guys are going there!?!, when I was 10 I was out on my bike in the streets till late every day after school. Our kids should be allowed to enjoy this freedom as well......but they cannot.....so at least in a fenced entry paid controlled area one should be able to do this. Don't now start trying to make it the parents fault :cursing:

+1

I couldnt wait to get home from school as a lightie, get onto my BMX and go ride with my mates.

We had an open veld we went to with a little track and jumps that was built, we only came home when the landings got a bit hairy because we couldnt see anymore.

You cant do this now days, you'll get jacked!!

kids today grow up behind burglar bars with playstation and xbox --- what rubbish!

Why the hell do we have to spend out lives and hard earned money protecting what we have instead of being able to enjoy it?

Is this the point where the thread becomes a rant again.. ?? How many people ride Groenies.. How many have some feeling of responsibility and would not mind watching for suspicious activity while out on a ride. I think if you took the numbers and halved that, you would still have a serious patrol group and make a firm statement that this type of crop is not acceptable..

Try making something of this thread and be proactive guys.. we know this country is in a bad state, go do something!

Agreed, I am all ears what do you think "we" should do to make a real difference?

+100000000000000000

Nothing worse than protest without contribution.

Hear Hear! *Grabs his pitchfork and burning torch*

Agreed, I am all ears what do you think "we" should do to make a real difference?

Start with reading.. https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/118309-groenkloof-bike-jacking/page__view__findpost__p__1712352

I have been part of a group struggling for 6 years to do something about this exact issue on Table Mountain.. the more places the public gets involved responsibly, the better off-road cycling will be. The PR you can generate through contributing to this is big. Look at the difference the guard dogs made through the PPA.

Who else has a suggestion?

I'm sick of this bull***t - bike jacking is bad enough but beating up a 10-year-old? WTF!

I ride Groenkloof from time to time and am prepared help out in any way I can.

edit typo

Edited by BrianMTB

Bushcamp, if that's you in your avatar, you should be ok to patrol by yourself.. not many guys mess with you, right?

LOL. If they do, I've got a spoon to sort them out :D

post-29544-0-73545900-1342099400.jpg

Start with reading.. http://www.thehubsa....ost__p__1712352

I have been part of a group struggling for 6 years to do something about this exact issue on Table Mountain.. the more places the public gets involved responsibly, the better off-road cycling will be. The PR you can generate through contributing to this is big. Look at the difference the guard dogs made through the PPA.

Voluntary fence patrols, with a report back to someone? I ride Klapperkop's MTB track regularly, can easily convert a ride a week to a fence patrol? Could be an easy one to do at Groenkloof as well?

Start with reading.. http://www.thehubsa....ost__p__1712352

sniper on the hillside and a lion enclosure.

feed corpses of bikejackers to lions.

chrge the public a fee to see lions

use the income to pay the sniper.

I have to add to the dad who took his son to ride bike at groenies big up to you for investing that time in your child .as to the assholes who actually want to criticize these parents rather add something positive or back off.

Terrible news indeed but these sorts of comments just piss me off....

No way... the whole freaken country is going dont the tube..

Terrible news indeed but these sorts of comments just piss me off....

Why?? :eek:

Either you work for the government or do crime if you don't agree with "those" comments!

Why?? :eek:

Either you work for the government or do crime if you don't agree with "those" comments!

I won't take this thread off topic but we are free to discuss the current state of the country compared to where it was elsewhere.