Dilemma: Giant XTC 29er 1 VS Scott scale elite VS Momsen AL529

Mopkop

I looked at the carbon version aswell, but can it really weigh 13.52kgs for the 19inch?? :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

The weight is a BIG putoff!!! anyone prove me wrong please as this bike is defnetly an option!

Weight from Tread MAG JULY/AUGUST pg 58

Edited by Mopkop

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at the carbon version aswell, but can it really weigh 13.52kgs for the 19inch?? :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

The weight is a BIG putoff!!! anyone prove me wrong please as this bike is defnetly an option!

That doesn't sound right. I have the Giant XTC 0, large, 11,6kg std, 11,2kg with Crest/Hope wheels as in pic.

577446_10150689601811134_1959852020_n.jpg

It's accurate, look at the wheelset and component spec as well. XT level spec is only the crank and front/rear deraillers.

So I got my bike sold, WHOOP WHOOP!!! and went to go gert my new bike the weekend...but to no avail :-(

They did however show me the new titan 29er PRO and MY EFFEN WORD! the bike is beautifull! only problem is they'll only be arriving mid to end september..

Some of the specs:

Full XT

Reba fork

ZTR Arch wheels

I hope it is this way cos my name is right ata top of the wanted list!!

If its not what I expect it to be I'll go with the giant! :-)

Thats quite different to what was tested.

Tested bike;

XT Crank, front derailer, rear derailer

Recon fork

Alex rims with Shimano non-series hubs.

It is possible they've shown an up-specced model in the range to you, with the same frame.

Edited by danger dassie

@ JANmtb: RE the Titan carbon 29r race its weight is 13.52 :cursing: :thumbdown:

As for the spec on the 2013 model alloy 29er pro I hope what they showed me was true :whistling:

There's so many options on the market I really dont know which bike to go for anymore?? do I buy now or should I wait for the 2013 models to arrive :unsure:

@ JANmtb: RE the Titan carbon 29r race its weight is 13.52 :cursing: :thumbdown:

As for the spec on the 2013 model alloy 29er pro I hope what they showed me was true :whistling:

There's so many options on the market I really dont know which bike to go for anymore?? do I buy now or should I wait for the 2013 models to arrive :unsure:

Come speak to me, Ill help you decide! ;)

This is the Tiatan 29er Pro 2013: XT hubs and ZTR Arch wheels

post-4352-0-75595000-1344578296.jpg

post-4352-0-93045000-1344578391.jpg

Come speak to me, Ill help you decide! ;)

This is the Tiatan 29er Pro 2013: XT hubs and ZTR Arch wheels

post-4352-0-75595000-1344578296.jpg

post-4352-0-93045000-1344578391.jpg

JIP and there she is, in all her BEAUTI :drool: !!! do you know when they'll be in SA? and at what price maybe :whistling:

JIP and there she is, in all her BEAUTI :drool: !!! do you know when they'll be in SA? and at what price maybe :whistling:

Different bike to the Tread test though, but sure is a looker :thumbup:

Guys have a look at the Sliverback Storm 1 awesome frame awesome groupset XT 2012 great components FSA and awesome fork and the wheel set stans ztr crest great stuff at a Giant killer price

Guys have a look at the Sliverback Storm 1 awesome frame awesome groupset XT 2012 great components FSA and awesome fork and the wheel set stans ztr crest great stuff at a Giant killer price

Storm 1 is a good bike but its above my budget :whistling: unless you can organise 1 for me for about 15K :clap:

Ah sorry dude got a wedding to save for and a new home/nest to start so bit cash strapped for like the next 20yrs or so :)

@ AARON - I'm doing this purchasing on my student budget which im sure has made me spend more on petrol which I could of used to purchase a bike already.

I've had a look now at the silverback storm 2...hehehehe, can I get the storm 2 but on the storm 1 frame? The reviews on the storm 1 sound really really positive and I'm sure it'll be more or less the same for the storm 2 as just the fork and groupset are different.

Does anyone know where I can find the storm 2 for a good price? i think R22k(LBS) is a bit steep and way over budget

The wait for the 2013 stock to arrive is driving me INSANE and its only been 10 days since my wait has started.

CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES...and some MORE CHOICES

Edited by Mopkop

Hey mopkop, the storms are all the same frame (unless the 1 is carbon) so getting 2's components on 1's frame would be kinda silly..

I checked that ja..but the orange on the storm 2 looks like ASS..the storm has red in it which makes it faster ;-)hahaha