Creative way to keep/store a bike indoors

Carrot

Here's my setup at home. We've got a duplex with not allot of space. The "cube" where the staircase comes up can't really be used for anything, so we did this. I can fit about 6 bikes into a 1.2m x 1.5m space. Only 4 bikes in the photos, but space for 2 more. Some wheels we store in here as well, others in another cupboard.

post-1965-0-03747100-1343370061.jpg

post-1965-0-20289400-1343370146.jpg

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my setup at home. We've got a duplex with not allot of space. The "cube" where the staircase comes up can't really be used for anything, so we did this. I can fit about 6 bikes into a 1.2m x 1.5m space. Only 4 bikes in the photos, but space for 2 more. Some wheels we store in here as well, others in another cupboard.

That's pretty cool.

Do you have to carry the bikes up the stairs?

That's pretty cool.

Do you have to carry the bikes up the stairs?

Ja, but its really not a problem.

Here's my quick fix We're in a 1bedroom granny flat, so space is very limited. I used some 8mm round bar, bent it in j hook, then welded that hook to the head of a rawl bolt. Drilled, secured, hung... Job done. Oh and i also covered the hook with some rubber piping to prefent scratching.... http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd156/rynovanz/20120725_172618.jpg
my wife would kick me in the gooch if i trried that

Here is what I did with mine - Mrs Da Butcher dont like them in the house.

Took 10 min to put up.

Excuse the bad paint job in the garage - previous owner was a M series fan - in the 80`spost-15180-0-05040100-1343371831.jpg

The fact that you literally have to rebuild your bike every time that you want to ride it, would drive me crazy, but if you are spacially challenged, it looks good...

Here is what I did with mine - Mrs Da Butcher dont like them in the house.

Took 10 min to put up.

Excuse the bad paint job in the garage - previous owner was a M series fan - in the 80`spost-15180-0-05040100-1343371831.jpg

Do you have M Series models all over your pub too Vinny?? You can come clean, we are all friends here....

The old timer who lived their died of a heart attack - I almost did too the first time I walked in there.

However - believe it or not - that was NOT the worst paint job in the house!

We repainted EVERYTHING, in the house, before we could move in.

I still get stick from my mates about the garage when they come visit!

There is actually 3 bike up there now with the new addition - all out the way of Mrs da Buther`s wicked parking skills.

The fact that you literally have to rebuild your bike every time that you want to ride it, would drive me crazy, but if you are spacially challenged, it looks good...

How is popping wheels in, rebuilding the bike? :blink:

How is popping wheels in, rebuilding the bike? :blink:

When you have a flat, no problem...

• 2 weeks later...

it took me 20 year of riding to figure out a quick, cheap, convenient way of storing bikes - after I read this thread I tried it too. it is amazing, you can set gears etc while bikes are on the wall:

post-15789-0-20931300-1344252002.jpg

post-15789-0-46803100-1344252009.jpg

Nice one!

Might I suggest a strip of old carpet, or rubber, foam, something, glued to the wall to reduce scuffing on barsand seats...just a thought

Cheers

R

it took me 20 year of riding to figure out a quick, cheap, convenient way of storing bikes - after I read this thread I tried it too. it is amazing, you can set gears etc while bikes are on the wall:

That's awesome.

Nice one!

Might I suggest a strip of old carpet, or rubber, foam, something, glued to the wall to reduce scuffing on barsand seats...just a thought

Cheers

R

yes, good idea - saddle's not touching the wall, but bar ends and shifters (esp. on road bike) could get scratched without.

You're welcome! :thumbup:

Edited by GBguy