Raleigh or Merida

ngala24

Can somebody please help ?

Im a MTB rider looking to purchase a road bike so that i can get some extra time in saddle.

Cant decide between the Raleigh RC6000 ('06 model) that cajees have on special or the Merida 904. Is it worth spending the extra R2000.00 on the merida or will i be happy with the RC6000 taking into account i wont be riding the road that mutch ?

Both bikes have Shimano 105 on.

Merida. You should be able to get the 2008 model for about 9K. Looks much better and a lot lighter.

Om 'n Raleigh te ry is soos om jou niggie te vry dis nogal lekker todat ander agter kom jy doen ditLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL, kry vir jou 'n Merida, jy sal nie spyt wees nie.

my 2 sent werd 

Jake is 5 and learning to read.

He points at a picture in a zoo book and says, 'Look Mama! It's a frickin'

Elephant!'

Deep breath .. 'What did you call it?'

'It's a frickin' Elephant, Mama! It says so on the picture!' and so it does

'African Elephant'

Merida. You should be able to get the 2008 model for about 9K. Looks much better and a lot lighter.

.................and please explain what looks has to do with spending R2000-00 more on a bike called Merida????? ......mmmmmmmm????????

Just make sure that they do actually have the same components - the whole groupset may not necessarily be 105.

I have the '06 Merida 904 and it's a great bike. That said, provided they do have the same components, then the Raleigh would be the better option. I can't see the frame on bikes at this level making that much of a difference (and that is really all that differentiates them).

You really are just paying the extra R2000 to get the '08 model and (IMO) a prettier bike.

Go Merida' date=' Raleigh seem to dominate the market. Merida will be, in this respect, more unique.[/quote']

Given this logic, a Lada is a more unique 4x4 than a Toyota Landcruiser. Which one would you drive across the Sahara?

Given this logic' date=' a Lada is a more unique 4x4 than a Toyota Landcruiser. Which one would you drive across the Sahara?[/quote']

SEAT Leon - VW Golf might be a better comparison. Same platform, different body.

Point taken Chris, but in this instance you can't obviously apply that "logic," as you put it because both machines are reputable and will do the job. It comes down to personal choice and weather you want to, (or not) be different from every body else, hence my comment about the Merida being more unique.

I ride a Merida 5000D MTB i enjoy every minute of it, which is why the brand was an option for me when looking at a road bike.

I see the RC6000 is quite a popular bike which is why looked at it specially at that price (R7500)

Decisions decisions

Hey. I ride the RC 6000 and really enjoy it. If you buy it, you won't regret it. I have not ridden the Merida though. Cheers

After what happened a while ago on the Hub with Brandon Els I would think carefully before buying a Raleigh!

Get a Raleigh ! It is the most popular brand out there because it is the best . But if you don't wanna a Toyota then get the Golf . They both cars , right ?