Cape Epic Battle Plan ...

Your brain controls ALL processes in your body, and uses your senses (conscious mind) as well as your sub-conscious mind as frame of reference. Your brain therefore serves as ultimate regulator that permits you to do whatever you intend doing. When doing the Epic, your brain continually refers to its frame of reference, compiled through your process of conditioning, guiding you through every moment of it. The process of conditioning which you use (to create a frame of reference for the brain) impacts dramatically on your success as it goes hand-in-hand with physiological changes that should take place in your body.

Creating an individualised project plan for ensuring a proper frame of reference for your brain is referred to as anticipatory response coaching.

Ag nee

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_InaQsFQD1kk/TG3o0LBhO0I/AAAAAAAAA_I/Am5LnCxyG_Y/s1600/Al_Bundy_Gun_To_Head.jpg

Somebody shoot me, this thread is going nowhere!

If it won't end, let's take it here: Anybody got some intel about the route for next year? I hear that Oak Valley is out.

It seems to live again but now with a new topic, should we delete the last 48 47? (math not being my line of business 'n all)

Oh and thanks all of you for putting me off my first epic.. :wacko: How much again? :blink:

Edited by Pain or Shine

BTW. When I get back from the land of the Vikings I will have come off 2 weeks of zero pedaling and will start training in earnest. You're welcome to join in.

My partner did a 97km ride in Grabouw with 2000m of climbing this weekend. I'd better shape up, otherwise she is going to kick my ass!

Edited by kandui

It seems to live again but now with a new topic, should we delete the last 48 47? (math not being my line of business 'n all)

Oh and thanks all of you for putting me off my first epic.. :wacko: How much again? :blink:

Dont be put off, ja the cost to enter is epic but thats the only cost you really need to worry about, the rest is just non essential extras....

Dangle's preparation is going well! He had an epic 44km out ride today. Entrapment better watch his step ;)

This oke who started this thread is nothing more than a BEK.

There's a high probability that taking part in the Epic implies that you will anyway ride your mountain bike even if it was not for Epic preparation. However, if one can isolate Epic preparation costs and keep it to the absolute bare minimum, it will more-or-less look as follows:

• 4 sets of apparel @ R900/set: Subtotal R3,600
  • 6 months bike maintenance for minimum 7,700 km equates to 3 chains, 2 cassettes, 2 chainrings, 3 tires, 3 sets of gear cables, 2 sets of brake pads, 2 shock services, a set of suspension bearings: Subtotal R10,850
  • 1 biometric bike set-up: Subtotal R775
  • 6 months' recovery supplements: Subtotal R1,500

That tallies to a total of R16,725 in total, or R2,787 per month for the remaining 6 months (from Oct). This also from the premises that you don't have accidental damage, only normal maintenance, and that you do maintenance yourself.

Add to that your entry fees and it remains a substantial "investment in pleasure". Make sure your "investment in pleasure" is secure and that you are not crowned with a DNF!

Your brain controls ALL processes in your body, and uses your senses (conscious mind) as well as your sub-conscious mind as frame of reference. Your brain therefore serves as ultimate regulator that permits you to do whatever you intend doing. When doing the Epic, your brain continually refers to its frame of reference, compiled through your process of conditioning, guiding you through every moment of it. The process of conditioning which you use (to create a frame of reference for the brain) impacts dramatically on your success as it goes hand-in-hand with physiological changes that should take place in your body.

Creating an individualised project plan for ensuring a proper frame of reference for your brain is referred to as anticipatory response coaching.

So something is easier if you've done it before?

If anybody is willing to pay you R800 a month for these pearls of wisdom SARS should charge them another R8000 because they clearly didn't earn the money.

• 1 biometric bike set-up: Subtotal R775

• Make sure your "investment in pleasure" is secure and that you are not crowned with a DNF!

What is a biometric bike set-up ?

Now you also sommer guarantee no dnf's :eek: