[Event] Vori-Berg MTB Race

Team SL

the two profiles I see above for the 35 and 70 look exactly the same, but looking at the altitude profile I see the 70 repeats the big hill twice. so guessing a double lap then if thats the profile to go by.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the two profiles I see above for the 35 and 70 look exactly the same, but looking at the altitude profile I see the 70 repeats the big hill twice. so guessing a double lap then if thats the profile to go by.

Brad,

yes it will be a two lap race for the 70km

see you saturday.

The weather is looking pretty fine in our area as can be seen by the wonderful blue sky.

Late entries will be accepted on the day "NO PENALTY FEE FOR LATE ENTRY"

Bring the family and come and enjoy the day with us.

See you all

Cheers

Clive

route is looking good, really looking forward to saturday :clap:

It is indeed looking great, post #22 is a technical decent with a switchback and a further drop off into the area below, not to demanding as my 15yr old daughter negoiated it sucessfully.

the picture in #21 is takenin the direction where you were coming from, a little bit of a climb

The one major plus for us is that from the start we do not have to travel along the main road into oncoming traffic, but there is a new surprize as we pass underneath the main road.

Fantastic, even if I did go over the bars on the rocky descent but will def be back. Only complaint is that cable ties were too short....hahaha!!! A proper race route, tested all my skills or lack thereof.

Must say that it was one of the hardest races I've done in long time. Happy with my result though! Should be somewhere around 6/7th overall in the 70. :thumbup:

Never shall I underestimate a race again.

Absolute cracker race again, well done Clive and team (nice meeting you!!)

I like the changes to the route, rode everything this time :thumbup:

@jcza - As I went through that rocky section on the first lap someone went over the bars behind me ... could have been you? I was on the Specialized Epic with the CycleLink Hestico kit (White/Orange)

Great to be able to ride without all the winter 'paraphernalia' for a change :)

I really enjoyed the new route and even the interaction with the shorter distances was quite pleasant. However, Clive and his team got things horribly wrong as far the back markers were concerned. There were no marshalls after we crossed the tar road on the second lap, my guess was that there were at least 6 riders behind me at that stage and it would seem that the route had been closed up in front us. I had to open at least three farm gates and although a bit annoying it was not my biggest concern. With about 13kms to go I came across an elderly lady pushing her bike, she was on the 35km race. She had no mechanical issues, was in good spirits but had clearly underestimated the distance. I told her that there was a waterpoint at the end of the single track about 2 kms away. When I got there the waterpoint was gone and even more concerning was that many of the route markers had been knocked over. When I got in I spoke to the organizers who, to their credit, immediately set off to find her. I just hope this does not end badly.