December christmas hub charity rides

Slowbee

The "who remembers thread" has brought memories of the JHB crowd doing a charity ride a few years back. We had a mini one in CT end of 2011.

I want to look at dates for us all to organise anotehr ride for the JHB, CT and Dbn crowd's, and anywhere else we can.

How does Saturday the 15 December sound ?

The "who remembers thread" has brought memories of the JHB crowd doing a charity ride a few years back. We had a mini one in CT end of 2011.

I want to look at dates for us all to organise anotehr ride for the JHB, CT and Dbn crowd's, and anywhere else we can.

How does Saturday the 15 December sound ?

I unfortunately missed the CT one last year, 15th sounds good ... just getting away from the family on my birthday might prove a little tricky, but still doable.

Thanks Hairy, I figured that the 16th is the public holiday, which will fall on a Sunday. Schools will be closed and most folk will be heading on holiday, so the 15th sounds good.

The JHB crowd what do you think ?

Ratty, going to see if we can make the ride a bit longer this year.

Biomouse, yes there will be one in JHB/PTA, hopefully one the scale of the last one they had.

What if the Crital Mass rides double up as this , so the last Friday in november we all bring . then it can be done in all cities ?

i vote for critical mass as well, end of november. december is just too hectic with so much going on...

Ratty, going to see if we can make the ride a bit longer this year.

Biomouse, yes there will be one in JHB/PTA, hopefully one the scale of the last one they had.

Define longer as I would like to bring my youngster along too

Hairy, last time we went from The sea point active virgins to Vida Cafe at Camps Bay (no idea how long it was). I like the idea that kids could join as well. (am thinking of brining my little one along in the baby seat). The point is that it is a family outing for charity.

I kinda like the idea of maybe starting at the castle and do a bit of a ride through town before heading to Camps Bay.

I am totally open to suggestions though on location though. Some folk suggestion Durbanville last time, and other Stellenbosch. Just want something central so everyone can come along.

I'd definitely be interested in joining the ride, was there last year.

I do think we need to increase the length of the ride, 8km felt a bit shy, but I understand people want to bring the little ones along so maybe 15-20km?