Champagne Sports - outrides ?

sr2106

Will be at Champange Sports resort in August and need to train - are there any known routes to follow ? :thumbup:

I am going there next week for our company confrence, and will be taking the MTB with, we could choose between golf or MTB'in for the second day, so will be taking a ride. I'll let you know.

I am going there next week for our company confrence, and will be taking the MTB with, we could choose between golf or MTB'in for the second day, so will be taking a ride. I'll let you know.

Great - thanks

They have a 16km course if memory serves - it was quite fresh when I rode it a few years ago (bumpy and harsh) but should be well ridden in by now. The views are spectacular and the course is tough - steep climbs and wicked descents.

Do some googling - theyve probably extended it by now...

Will be at Champange Sports resort in August and need to train - are there any known routes to follow ? :thumbup:

Give Iain Don-Wauchope a call at Mountain Splendour Eco-Resort. They have a nice loop and I am sure he can take you on a pretty descent outride.

RS2106-

when in August are you going? my Folks in law live about 18km form Champagne Sports. i ride the area often and know a few really awesome/ technical trails- routes.

we are down there mid August- but in that trip i need to go to cape town, around the 15th- so will be away for a few days, but will return.

pm me if you keen on hooking up for a pedal if our times overlap.

cheers.

• 1 year later...

So Mackie or anyone else can you please give me an update on this. We are going there in two weeks time for a company weekend and I would like to get in at least one ride. We will be a mix of riders, some not that fit, so a nice morning ride would be great, nothing too hectic.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We rode with Ian from Mount Splendour. He knows the trails inside and out. What an amazing outride. Highly recommended. Phone him a few days before and book him to leade you on the ride.

Or go to dragon sports...just up the road from champagne sports...they are at the entrance of the boys choir.

Awesome trails...not long, but my goodness they are lekker