Isuzu 3 Towers stage race - Advice needed

Mr SingleTrack

I rode the Dec holidays with RR snakeskins and not one priblem. Seemed to work well there, but i would not use those thinner RR tires. In stage racing it is always to rather use fairly strong tires. Nothing like cuts on your tires 3 days in a row.....

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I run G on the front, but its a heavy tyre...

True but also used in World War 2 on german tiger tanks....cannot break. Since then I have moved to ralphs...saved like 500g by changing tyres

S2C is like riding on tar though :whistling:

Mankele is also fairly smooth hey. Day 3 on the last section(sudwala switchbacks) it gets a lit rougher, but I would worry more about my brakes there than tyres. You can smell the brakes burning all the way coming down...love it

True but also used in World War 2 on german tiger tanks....cannot break. Since then I have moved to ralphs...saved like 500g by changing tyres

Yep - must admit, that tyre is like concrete, heavy but strong. And the grip isn't bad either

it's still a long way out but we should organise a group ride before the event for a meet and greet. We can do an easy ride for guys to do a final gear test or something. I for one would like to meet some of the hubbers that are going

We can make a time on the thursday afternoon , meet at the gate and go for a cruize up the road , im in.

:eek: :w00t: I must have missed something . Have done all the 3T races and all the S2C adventure races and I cannot really agree .The 3T is definitly tougher but thats it . What will work at S2C will work at 3T .

Yep - must admit, that tyre is like concrete, heavy but strong. And the grip isn't bad either

yea...they are perfect for mankele though imo. Maybe save some weight by going ralphs...Day 2's climb is a blixem...it felt longer than sani day 2's climb imo

:eek: :w00t: I must have missed something . Have done all the 3T races and all the S2C adventure races and I cannot really agree .The 3T is definitly tougher but thats it . What will work at S2C will work at 3T .

I concur rider is right...don't go changing anything for the towers.

We can make a time on the thursday afternoon , meet at the gate and go for a cruize up the road , im in.

sounds good to me :thumbup:

Cool, RR ss it is then :clap:

thx for the advice all. Knowing what terrain to expect makes tyre choices much easier

The most awesome bush tunnels in the world...ever. end van prent. You will catch yourself screaming whooooooo more than once.

next question, 29er or 26er? **ducks for flying objects**

hahaha!

FFS, if i have to read another 29er vs 26er vs 27.5 vs my mothers car thread! :cursing: These threads should be banned from the hub