Isuzu 3 Towers stage race - Advice needed

Mr SingleTrack

i wonder if that guy is going to take a bite if I look at the gif for long enough...

Looks like he is knyping a big one.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so no word on the total ascend for each day of the race?

No official word but this is what I have gleaned from Garminconnect for last years race;

Day1 73.58km 1639m ascent.

Day2 76.09km 1773m

Day3 50.2km 1277m

This is not going to be easy!

No official word but this is what I have gleaned from Garminconnect for last years race;

Day1 73.58km 1639m ascent.

Day2 76.09km 1773m

Day3 50.2km 1277m

This is not going to be easy!

That looks about right.

But it is not the smoothest of trails. A little bit of erosion here and there. Some loose rocks as well. Maybe a few wet roots on the singletrack. And of course that blue water pipe.

That looks about right.

But it is not the smoothest of trails. A little bit of erosion here and there. Some loose rocks as well. Maybe a few wet roots on the singletrack. And of course that blue water pipe.

Eish forgot about that thing...shot for the reminder.

+! :eek:

It's a 100m long blue water pipe that you have to wheelie over from one end of deep valley to another. Fall and you die, pass and you get a beer. :whistling:

It's a 100m long blue water pipe that you have to wheelie over from one end of deep valley to another. Fall and you die, pass and you get a beer. :whistling:

oh thats easy...im not worried any more.. :eek:

That section was called "The Gauntlet", which translates to "effin onnoodige blou bliksem"

oh thats easy...im not worried any more.. :eek:

hehehehe easy as pie. Forgot to add, you also get your bike washed by a chick with enormous babilons...motorboat time!!!!

Its actually just a blue irrigation pipe that runs through a small section of day1(I think)....hit it square, quite slippery

That section was called "The Gauntlet", which translates to "effin onnoodige blou bliksem"

Yesssss that is what it is called. Love your translation...spot-on

BLUE WATER PIPE? :eek:

That single track right next to the blue water pipe that switches from one side to the other is where i ripped a tire open last year , that pipe section is soo cool and soo **** all at the same time .

welcome to Karma's and my 3-Towers-virgin club :ph34r:

for the trolls, this only means we havent been to mankele yet :whistling:

You are goin to love it.forget about the ups .the downs and bushtunnels are out iof this world.

That single track right next to the blue water pipe that switches from one side to the other is where i ripped a tire open last year , that pipe section is soo cool and soo **** all at the same time .

ok fine, I will pose for a photo next to the blue water pipe...

Hey all, the trails are looking out of this world!! We've been blessed with some well timed rain to drop the dust factor at bit and compact all the new single track sections.

You guys are gonna be blown away!

Day 1 has a whole span of new single track near the waterfall. Beware of the finish you'll be ending on The Sudwala switchbacks (from last years day3).

Day 2 starts in the same direction as last year, but instead of climbing all the way up and then decending down the 4x4 track, it's straight into the fun on well compacted cattle tracks. With a new bushtunnel in the mix! Don't forget to save some energy for the SAPPI B/T & Junior's B/T.

Day 3 OH MY GOSH!!!!! We're not doing the Old Sabie climb again, but rather straight through the chicken farm and up to Mt.Carmel. 2 little stings and you're into the breathtaking contour single track with awesome views. Then it's play time all the way down, barry's bushtunnel past the sawmill up the last dog of a climb. It has been prepped and is ride-able, but you'll need your granny to get to "THE AVALANCHE". DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN all the way home.

To avoid crossing over the road there is a new addition "THE TUNNEL", only 80m in length. Beware it is long & dark in there, creates like a vortex, where you dont know top from bottom. And if you bail it's gonna be on a corrugated pipe "EINA".

And then you finish off snakes and ladders. Ellll I wish I was riding!

Oh "The Blue Pipe" in the Gauntlet has nothing on "THE TUNNEL"

Edited by Mr. Nature