Specilized S-Works Stumpjumper 29er hardtail

The_Break

Anyone own one of these and give any advice on the product.

Can get a frame for about R10k in practically new condition. Is that a good deal? I know road bikes, but not MTB and want to get a nice rig I am not going to have to upgrade.

Sounds like an okay price... I know the s works frames are quite pricey at the best of times as well...

Also look at a giant xtc carbon. Very good value, very good frame (from what I've heard)

Seems very cheap for the S Works.Sure it is not cracked?

On the ride I borowed a mates bike for a week to try out and it was superb

Was kitted out with top of the range carbon wheels and the rest

Weighed 9kg

Only thing I did not like was the reasonance it set up when riding undulated ground.Sort of bounces along.

Very comfortable bike and I would by one if I had 50K

No, I have a mate in USA who sells these things 2nd hand and he camer across a beaut for me that the guy is flogging. They always have too much money and want the latest and greatest each year.

It's a good price , but the local guys won't be any help should it crack or break .

Also check out the Santa Cruz Hi Ball ,

With refernece to Clinton H's post ill rather go and get the Specialized stumpjumper Expert HT.

Its a wonderful bike. Just over 10kg and with a good wheelset you'll get it under 10kg. They going for R33000 at FPC now. Add another 5k for wheels and you've got a lekker machine. And the components are really decent spec.

I love mine and boy oh boy its fast!

Had a few of them,as said best 29er HT on the market.Sold mine on the hub for 10K.Went in 2hrs.New frame and fork going to cost 30K.

Had a few of them,as said best 29er HT on the market.Sold mine on the hub for 10K.Went in 2hrs.New frame and fork going to cost 30K.

Ya that sale was a bit silly... bargain of note. :whistling:

And I was the lucky recipient... Did my first race on it last wkend. A huge step up from my stumpy 26er HT. and it's very rewarding building a bike up from scratch.

Here is a pic of the frame I am thinking of getting. Seen nothing like it in SA. Only the black ones here. This is a beauty!

post-2622-0-89615400-1344078129.jpg