Oscar Pistorius

Azonic

Guest Omega Man

It's funny how losers whine about winners.

Michael Shumacher. He was a cheat.

Valentino Rossi. He's always had the best equipment.

Oscar. Unfair advantage.

Team SKY. They're a bunch of dopers

Lance Armstrong. Doper supreme.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

err, Lance took 'roids though. how is that fair? oscar is the only one with springy carbon fiber feet. How is that an even playing field.

Leave MS/Stig alone though.

and Bruce Fordyce, he didnt cheat but he DID have a really twatty hair style.

Hansie got a bad deal, and IMO he should not have been so badly treated by everyone. He won enough times fairly to do a couple of shaky deals and get a bit of cream.

Edited by nishiki

Guest Omega Man

My votes for some new 'updated' olympic sports:

MMA (forget judo, it's lame)

Downhill MTB (forget TT, it's old and velodromes are often filled with suspect people)

Skateboarding (one of the most culturally influential sports of its time)

Totally. the Winter Olympics have managed to remain relevant.

These are the sports I'd like to see go.

Anything with a target.

Soccer. Is the world cup not enough?

Anything that involves a horse.

Like I said I'm not discounting the amount of practice it takes to shoot a clay pidgeon but it doesn't exactly make for good tv i.m.o.

Edited by Omega Man

Do you get it now?

Sure, I get it. I'm disappointed though as it seems you are not getting MY point in return. Somewhere on these pages it was stated that the carbon legs make him around 12-15 seconds faster over 400m, compared to if he had "normal" legs. So again, without that mechanical advantage he NEVER would have made the team at all in the first place. But he did you say? Sure, but was that Oscar or the 12-15 seconds faster carbon legs talking? Aaaaaaaaaaaand the prosecution rests.

Guest Omega Man

Hansie got a bad deal, and IMO he should not have been so badly treated by everyone. He won enough times fairly to do a couple of shaky deals and get a bit of cream.

That makes my point for me. He did cheat and that was wrong. But to be so vilified by everyone. I don't know what it is about humans but we sure do love to see someone fall from grace.

And we seem to hate it when someone is succesful. We REALLY hate it when they are very succesful.

It seems to be succesful in this life as a sportsman you not only have to be supremely talented, train like a mofo and have desire oozing out of every pore. You also have to deal with irrational hatred and jealousy when you finally do become succesful.

Kinda sucks actually.

Edited by Omega Man

I think he should not be allowed to compete in the able bodied Olympics....you don't see Usain Bolt going to compete in one of the Para Olympic 100m events.

Sure, I get it. I'm disappointed though as it seems you are not getting MY point in return. Somewhere on these pages it was stated that the carbon legs make him around 12-15 seconds faster over 400m, compared to if he had "normal" legs. So again, without that mechanical advantage he NEVER would have made the team at all in the first place. But he did you say? Sure, but was that Oscar or the 12-15 seconds faster carbon legs talking? Aaaaaaaaaaaand the prosecution rests.

Sorry but this cant be proven, and you basing your argument on 1 report

That makes my point for me. He did cheat and that was wrong. But to be so vilified by everyone. I don't know what it is about humans but we sure do love to see someone fall from grace.

And we seem to hate it when someone is succesful. We REALLY hate it when they are very succesful.

Agreed. People love to see others fail. It's why bad news sells better than good news.

I guess rules these days are just there to be broken as well though. South Africans have learned this right from the top, so why should sport be any different. Same reason Burry got away with a little 'help' during the Epic. Or why we all sit in the shade of Caster's Adam's apple? Where are the days of real sportsmanship with integrity?

Sorry but this cant be proven, and you basing your argument on 1 report

1 report.... in which it was proven.

Scientists that were involved in the "other" report to disprove it have started to sing a different tune since.

Did you not read the article I posted?

Guest Omega Man

Where are the days of real sportsmanship with integrity?

That fell away when money got involved. Sigh. I'm going home now.

you are just being flippin argumentative now! :w00t:

anyway, I conceded there may be a SMALL advantage. 12-15 seconds is a bad joke.

Agreed. People love to see others fail. It's why bad news sells better than good news.

I guess rules these days are just there to be broken as well though. South Africans have learned this right from the top, so why should sport be any different. Same reason Burry got away with a little 'help' during the Epic. Or why we all sit in the shade of Caster's Adam's apple? Where are the days of real sportsmanship with integrity?

I have to give you some credit for that little gem :clap:

you are just being flippin argumentative now! :w00t:

anyway, I conceded there may be a SMALL advantage. 12-15 seconds is a bad joke.

Any advantage is too much.

If you argue against that, then it is the same as admitting that limited doping is ok. Sure take some steroids, just don't get a medal.

We have the paralympics, that is where oscar should be.

Mother Teresa wrote a magnificent verse called the "Final Analysis" - here's just three verses -

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives:

Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies:

Succeed anyway.

The good you do today, people will often be forget tomorrow:

Do good anyway.

You can google the rest if you are so inclined, this man is a humble, successful athlete and an inspiration to many, personally I think we should be supporting his ambitions to be the best he can, not looking for ways to break him down.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

1 report.... in which it was proven.

Scientists that were involved in the "other" report to disprove it have started to sing a different tune since.

Did you not read the article I posted?

then why does he say this?

“Weyland will not say outright whether or not Pistorius should be allowed to run in the Olympics. Perhaps, he says, the sprinter represents something more important than the dispute over his light, springy legs,” the article says.

i would also like to see this original report stating this:

“And so they presented instead a comparison between Pistorius and distance runners. Those scientists who went to the CAS on behalf of Pistorius also failed to disclose the finding of a mechanical advantage so large that the world’s leading authority on sprinting concluded that it would provide a 12 second benefit.