Support your LBS! or don`t.

BergForce

This logic don't work for me. So they make money from you paying a premium price but then fit for free, so how is it differnent me paying for the service/ part fitment at the normal rate? Are they making that much off the premium priced part then the fitment becomes free? Just doesn't add up for me.

The problem is there is no fixed price for a "change crankset" as an example. Some guys make moola on selling the component and "give" the labour for free and vica versa.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why the LBS isn't allowed to model it's overhead recovery on a combination of

- the mark up on the merchandise

- the workshop charge out

It keeps labour rates and shop floor prices reasonable. If he has to charge labour as though that's his only income or mark up products as though that's the only income the prices won't be competitive.

He has to offer both these services so he balances them out.

- Why should the labour be free then if you buy the part?

- I can understand that the business model is compromised if you expect the subsidised labour rate and don't buy the part.

Edited by Showtime

Cheapskate!

...../and proud of it :clap: but just to clarify, why exactly am I a cheapskate? Is it because I'm not prepared to pay over the top prices, stuff that. I'll save where I can and use that saved money to buy other things. So sorry I'm not a millionaire like yourself. I save where I can which enable me to buy other nice things.

...../and proud of it :clap: but just to clarify, why exactly am I a cheapskate? Is it because I'm not prepared to pay over the top prices, stuff that. I'll save where I can and use that saved money to buy other things. So sorry I'm not a millionaire like yourself. I save where I can which enable me to buy other nice things.

You're in business or work for a boss that needs to make money to pay you a salary ,right ?

The wheel turns.

The problem is there is no fixed price for a "change crankset" as an example. Some guys make moola on selling the component and "give" the labour for free and vica versa.

Hairy mentioned that they make more off of the servicing & workshop then they do on the parts/ merchandise sales in the shop, so how can they afford to do free fitment? Oh wait I know, get the person that brings in their own parts to pay an extra cost, correct me if I'm wrong.

You're in business or work for a boss that needs to make money to pay you a salary ,right ?

The wheel turns.

Yes, and?

You are a cheapskate as you take the LBS for a ride and swindle them

Yes, and?

When the valve hits you on the back of the head, you will get your answer.

Unless of course your boss is actually a good businessman and he doesn't **** freebies away to cheapskates.

You are a cheapskate as you take the LBS for a ride and swindle them

How? I don't let them touch my bike, and I buy parts from them which correct me if I'm wrong is supporting my LBS? Its more like the LBS tries to take me for a ride, but alas I'm not that way inclined.

When the valve hits you on the back of the head, you will get your answer.

Unless of course your boss is actually a good businessman and he doesn't **** freebies away to cheapskates.

Sorry, but what are you talking about?

How? I don't let them touch my bike, and I buy parts from them which correct me if I'm wrong is supporting my LBS? Its more like the LBS tries to take me for a ride, but alas I'm not that way inclined.

Blah blah blah

You admitted it your self when prompted by that other moderator

Strikes me there are quite a few cheapskates around here who will try and get something for nothing if they can get away with it.

Prob used to sneak into the movies without paying.Commonly called deceit and theft

Sorry, but what are you talking about?

Sorry, but nothing.

It often takes cheapskates a long time to figure out that any industry needs to achieve a certain margin to survive.

Blah blah blah

You admitted it your self when prompted by that other moderator

Is that other one a mod. ?

if you going to bring in your own spares learn to fix your own bikes ................

if you going to support local shops then SUPPORT them completely, dont expect them to support you otherwise.