Support your LBS! or don`t.

BergForce

Blah blah blah

You admitted it your self when prompted by that other moderator

Heaven forbid, I tried to save myself some money and now I get labled a cheapskate, I did not try to decieve anyone, so get your facts straight. Did I not say I told them I had done it?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you going to bring in your own spares learn to fix your own bikes ................

if you going to support local shops then SUPPORT them completely, dont expect them to support you otherwise.

Fank you...

Heaven forbid, I tried to save myself some money and now I get labled a cheapskate, I did not try to decieve anyone, so get your facts straight. Did I not say I told them I had done it?

I think the facts are very straight.

Def a cheapskate!

Strikes me there are quite a few cheapskates around here who will try and get something for nothing if they can get away with it.

Prob used to sneak into the movies without paying.Commonly called deceit and theft

Strikes me there are a few people in the industry that don't like it when people speak out, Not sure where you suck your info from? Read the whole thread perhaps.

If I can save some money, I will. Then for this reasoin I'm a cheapskate, not cause I'm trying to decieve anyone.

if you going to bring in your own spares learn to fix your own bikes ................

if you going to support local shops then SUPPORT them completely, dont expect them to support you otherwise.

So I can't pick up a really good second hand groupset, and then pay my bike shop to strip my frame and fit the new to me parts?

F**kin retarded business model if you ask me.

I'm not in the least surprised when these bike shop owners say how tight margins are and how tough business is with that kind of attitude.

Like most things in life, I will go where I get good service.

whats this pick on caerus day? what he has done is essentially this. Bought a part from the LBS, tried to install it and realised that he cab]t get the fine tuning right. then taken his bike to the LBS and told them that and said while you are at it - please give it a service. His use of the wink emoticon and the term cheapskate were perhaps unfortunate, but in all he is supporting the LBS - not?

I think the facts are very straight.

Def a cheapskate!

Oh please do enlighten me to the facts

There's a diiference between saving yourself some money and being so cheap that you'll deny someone else a living. Learn the difference and then appreciate that even as a salaried employee trying to sustainably sell your services for the best price someone is willing to pay, that you are no different to the LBS owner doing thesame thing. Don't be a hypocrite.

Strikes me there are a few people in the industry that don't like it when people speak out, Not sure where you suck your info from? Read the whole thread perhaps.

If I can save some money, I will. Then for this reasoin I'm a cheapskate, not cause I'm trying to decieve anyone.

Speak out all you like, the people in the industry actually don't care and I can assure you they certainly don't depend on cheapskates to support them.

I hope for your sake your boss and his company you work for don't encounter those same people/cheapskates.

There is nothing worse than someone who brings their bike into a bike shop for a particular job and then weagles some extra freebie work out of the shop.

The shop knows you are doing it and lets you get away with it instead of throwing you out like they should.Except then you will come and whine on the Hub about how you are being ripped off.

I did read the entire thread and watched you modify your story to suit when another hubber admonished you.

Don't worry there are lots of them out there

Speak out all you like, the people in the industry actually don't care and I can assure you they certainly don't depend on cheapskates to support them.

I hope for your sake your boss and his company you work for don't encounter those same people/cheapskates.

We encounter them all the time, and as mentioned earlier, we don't charge these so called cheapskates a handling fee for bringing in their own material.

whats this pick on caerus day? what he has done is essentially this. Bought a part from the LBS, tried to install it and realised that he cab]t get the fine tuning right. then taken his bike to the LBS and told them that and said while you are at it - please give it a service. His use of the wink emoticon and the term cheapskate were perhaps unfortunate, but in all he is supporting the LBS - not?

You see there is where the wheels come off. What is your expectation ito this. If and when I need work done on my bike I ask for specifics.

Service fork

True wheels

Replace BB

etc etc

When you use "please give my bike a service" and you expected A and got B...you will be upset. Make it clear that way you will never be dissapointed

Edited by rouxtjie

There is nothing worse than someone who brings their bike into a bike shop for a particular job and then weagles some extra freebie work out of the shop.

The shop knows you are doing it and lets you get away with it instead of throwing you out like they should.Except then you will come and whine on the Hub about how you are being ripped off.

I did read the entire thread and watched you modify your story to suit when another hubber admonished you.

Don't worry there are lots of them out there

Blah, blah, blah, no one modified their story at all. Rather get your facts and story straight. I'll give you the name & number of my LBS/ mechanic, call him and get the story straight, Ill give you the number for the other LBS i use, call them and get my story straight with yourself too. Edited by Caerus

We encounter them all the time, and as mentioned earlier, we don't charge these so called cheapskates a handling fee for bringing in their own material.

I will go out on a limb and say that what has riled people up on this thread is not actually the buying stuff elsewhere hoping to get it fitted for f-all attitude, but the entire corner cutting process as a whole.

Kranswurm couldn't have said it better, cheapskates, I have seen them moving around the hi-fi industry as well, there they are like a boil on a your @ss.

So I can't pick up a really good second hand groupset, and then pay my bike shop to strip my frame and fit the new to me parts?

F**kin retarded business model if you ask me.

I'm not in the least surprised when these bike shop owners say how tight margins are and how tough business is with that kind of attitude.

Like most things in life, I will go where I get good service.

I was referring to importing new **** from the likes of crc then expecting a shop to bend over backwards for you and not charge a handling fee .

Will be more specific next time .