Post your Pyga

PYGA1

My other bike is a Pyga 029 with SLX crank, 32T single front and Oneupped cassette. Now I just need a longer fork! (And move my dropper across).

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MH - Here's your ones brother going for a pre-purchase test ride in Eden. This bike loves the G-spot more than most.

post-3611-0-97126200-1393831439_thumb.jpg

MH - Here's your ones brother going for a pre-purchase test ride in Eden. This bike loves the G-spot more than most.

That reminds me, I need to pay G-spot a visit soon... Haven't been there in years, and the beast will be the perfect tool for the job!

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my new Pyga oneten29 last week, recieving it hopefully next week, it's being built in somerset west by Velolife, it's my first proper mountain bike, being very spoilt for an early birthday present from my dad. Absolutely caught the mountain biking bug in the new year after riding at home in natal and now at varsity in Stellenbosch. Pictures to come next week.

Specs:(any comments or suggestions would be appreciated)

Wheels: DTSwiss 29’ 485D with SLX Hubs

Tyres: Continental Race King 29X2.2 Fold-up

Crank: Shimano Deore Triple

Brake lever and calliper set: Non-series Brake Set

Shifters: SLX Shifters 3 X10SOD

Derailleurs: Front SLX Derailleur and Rear SLX Derailleur

Cassette: Shimano Deore 11-36T 10SPD

Seatpost:BGM Race-pro 400X27.2mm

Handlebar: Scor MKII 720mm Flat bar

Stem: Syntace stem 110mm, 100mm R210.54

Saddle: Speed Defies Gravity

Rockshox recon front fork 120mm travel

Ordered my new Pyga oneten29 last week, recieving it hopefully next week, it's being built in somerset west by Velolife, it's my first proper mountain bike, being very spoilt for an early birthday present from my dad. Absolutely caught the mountain biking bug in the new year after riding at home in natal and now at varsity in Stellenbosch. Pictures to come next week.

Specs:(any comments or suggestions would be appreciated)

Wheels: DTSwiss 29’ 485D with SLX Hubs

Tyres: Continental Race King 29X2.2 Fold-up

Crank: Shimano Deore Triple

Brake lever and calliper set: Non-series Brake Set

Shifters: SLX Shifters 3 X10SOD

Derailleurs: Front SLX Derailleur and Rear SLX Derailleur

Cassette: Shimano Deore 11-36T 10SPD

Seatpost:BGM Race-pro 400X27.2mm

Handlebar: Scor MKII 720mm Flat bar

Stem: Syntace stem 110mm, 100mm R210.54

Saddle: Speed Defies Gravity

Rockshox recon front fork 120mm travel

That's a nice, reliable build spec you have there :thumbup:

Really cool birthday present!

Anyone else read MBR's review of the OneTen29? Surpisingly lukewarm.

Shot for the comment bud. One way to kill someone's excitement.

Shot for the comment bud. One way to kill someone's excitement.

Haha, don't let your excitement be killed.

I've ridden more bikes than 95% of people here on the Hub (I've been racing MTBs since 1989 and have owned dozens of brands) and I can say without any doubt that the OneTen29 is one of the best - if not the best - bikes I've swung a leg over. Remember, reviews are always biased, even if they try not to be. All other reviews so far have been (correctly, in my opinion) overwhelmingly positive.

Edited by Martin Hattingh

Haha, don't let your excitement be killed.

I've ridden more bikes than 95% of people here on the Hub (I've been racing MTBs since 1989 and have owned dozens of brands) and I can say without any doubt that the OneTen29 is one of the best - if not the best - bikes I've swung a leg over. Remember, reviews are always biased, even if they try not to be. All other reviews so far have been (correctly, in my opinion) overwhelmingly positive.

Thanks allot Martin, great to here that from someone with such experience(I am a young inexperienced rider), one comment like that would never kill my excitement, just not the kind of smart comment one expects after writing such an enthusiastic post on a forum for Pyga enthusiasts.

Nonetheless I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new steed. Hope to post some pictures soon.