Chain Reaction Cycles.com

TREK@13

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I had recovered from my addiction but now this post has brushed away all my good work.

Just wanted a saddle and now ended up with another order over 2k again...oh well back to therapy ... Hi my name is

Dont think they in for that,illegal, but i have sent a complete bike to my cousin in UK,who then stripped it down & sent as present for my aunt.He made it look second hand with muddy rag +14% :ph34r: :whistling:

Dont think they in for that,illegal, but i have sent a complete bike to my cousin in UK,who then stripped it down & sent as present for my aunt.He made it look second hand with muddy rag +14% :ph34r: :whistling:

You actually paid 18% UK vat first then 14% vat when it landed here. so its much the same.

What would duty be on a garmin edge 500. Cant seem to find it!

What would duty be on a garmin edge 500. Cant seem to find it!

i was going to get a edge 500 from CRC but WWW.easygis.co.za is cheaper although I am getting it a week later cause they had no stock when i ordered.

You actually paid 18% UK vat first then 14% vat when it landed here. so its much the same.

Nope just the 14%

[

Nope just the 14%

When Crc send stuff to RSA they remove Uk vat and send it vat free.We then pay 14 %vat here only but if you have it delivered in the UK even if you pay from here they dont remove UK vat. I made a mistake current UK vat is 20%.

You may not actually be saving that much if duty on a full bike is 15%.

• 5 weeks later...

So I got myself a Recon Stealth helmet from CRC paid R886 (includes DHL shipping). Do I pay a further 25% on the purchase amount when it is delivered?

If you are lucky, no, you will just pay vat and clearence (approx 16-17%)

If the customs guy is doing his job properly, then you will pay the extra duty for helmets on top of the vat and clearance.

[

When Crc send stuff to RSA they remove Uk vat and send it vat free.We then pay 14 %vat here only but if you have it delivered in the UK even if you pay from here they dont remove UK vat. I made a mistake current UK vat is 20%.

You may not actually be saving that much if duty on a full bike is 15%.

Do the math, I saved in excess of R4000 bringing in my track bike from Evans Cycles UK, despite the 15% duty.

If you are lucky, no, you will just pay vat and clearence (approx 16-17%)

If the customs guy is doing his job properly, then you will pay the extra duty for helmets on top of the vat and clearance.

F**K!!!

So do I need to have cash ready when the DHL delivers the parcel at my office??

Edited by FuelEX

Do the math, I saved in excess of R4000 bringing in my track bike from Evans Cycles UK, despite the 15% duty.

I think he was talking about getting it delivered to his mate in the UK and then him bringing it across, and trying to shaft customs. THing is, with the 20% VAT in UK you're actaully shafting yourself.

Dude... you should have asked BEFORE pulling that trigger!

Granted, But didn't found what I was looking for locally....

and so we learn (buying stuff from CRC is not always cheaper).... :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

I've often found the local online shops CWC, Buycycle, Probike, Olympic etc. to be cheaper than CRC before even taking into consideration import duty. I buy more parts and tools than clothing though.