Chain Reaction Cycles.com

TREK@13

So I got myself a Recon Stealth helmet from CRC paid R886 (includes DHL shipping). Do I pay a further 25% on the purchase amount when it is delivered?

Done this before, to avoid the extra on helmets/clothing the trick is to bring in spares worth more . they customs guys look at the bulk of the orders value to determine what to charge or not .

Worked for us this far and we have spend a small fortune with CRC.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted, But didn't found what I was looking for locally....

and so we learn (buying stuff from CRC is not always cheaper).... :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

It is , you need to be smart about it . always bring in R2500 or more then shipping is free .

I love CRC, always works out cheaper for me to get from them , but as said dont do on little order get some mates together and do a bulk order .

Clothes, shoes, bags, etc... carry sufficient duty that when you add the duty, shipping vat etc.... you are better of buying local (that way you are also able to check fit), Complete bikes also carry sizeable duty. The way I see it CRC is the place for components, spares and tyres, but you need to wait until you can afford a big hit to avoid the shipping.

Nope, you need to pay customs first, and then send payment confirmation to DHL before customs release it.

G

F**K!!!

So do I need to have cash ready when the DHL delivers the parcel at my office??

I just paid VAT only and 0% duty on my shiny new Troy Lee D3 helmet from the top-secret shop :devil:

Please elaborate a bit more on the "T-S S". I am in the process of growing my herd!