TRACETEK - Stolen bicycle recovery is finally here!!!

jcza

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well just pay for the insurance and if it gets nicked just claim and get a new bike :D Chances are if they recover it the thing will be messed up :thumbdown:

I've just come back from Tiger wheel & Tyre where they are now offering vehicle tracking for R100/ month. I'm pretty sure this device is gonna be along the same lines, if not the same people. When I enquired about it for a bicycle, the owner says to me, you cannot have it on a bike as it does not have a registration number :blink:

So I ask why it has to have a registration number, he tells me because a car does, huh.

What would you think to be a fair price considring you are also paying insurance? Also would the premiums come down if a tracker was fitted?

Edited by Caerus

mmmmm my previous car had a tracetec unit in, when I phoned the one day to inform them that I am selling my car they told me that my unit isn't working properly and they couldn't detect where it was. The last know signal was somewhere on the N3 a couple of days ago and they don't where it is right now. I then asked them what would have happened if I called on their services if theft / hi-jacking took place and was met with "the battery life of the unit is out of our hands and its up to you to replace"...fair enough but how the hell must I know when the battery is flat, there is no indicator for this and they are not proactive ito letting customers know about it.

Needless to say, I will pass thank you.

Why has the robber stolen a bike that he cant ride? carrying it in broad daylight with a mask on is a bit of a giveaway.

Bloody amateurs

Hi, I have also just received the email - went onto the website and couldn't find anything about bicycles

Why has the robber stolen a bike that he cant ride? carrying it in broad daylight with a mask on is a bit of a giveaway.

Bloody amateurs

and they say the hub is racist, that is a white guy stealing that bike :ph34r:

If I had a R50k bike maybe, otherwise not.

Anyone know anything about datadot? Worth it?

mmmmm my previous car had a tracetec unit in, when I phoned the one day to inform them that I am selling my car they told me that my unit isn't working properly and they couldn't detect where it was. The last know signal was somewhere on the N3 a couple of days ago and they don't where it is right now. I then asked them what would have happened if I called on their services if theft / hi-jacking took place and was met with "the battery life of the unit is out of our hands and its up to you to replace"...fair enough but how the hell must I know when the battery is flat, there is no indicator for this and they are not proactive ito letting customers know about it.

Needless to say, I will pass thank you.

Did you ask for your money back? Thats a load of bollocks really. The tracking people cocked my car up, they left a massive hole where they were running wires to the actuall device and my whole boot filled up with water as a result, it took three days to work out where the water was coming in, muppets.

Might as well just pay for the insurance and if it gets nicked just claim and get a new bike :D Chances are if they recover it the thing will be messed up :thumbdown:

Thats all nice in theory, but then your premiums would just go up & up and up.

Did you ask for your money back? Thats a load of bollocks really. The tracking people cocked my car up, they left a massive hole where they were running wires to the actuall device and my whole boot filled up with water as a result, it took three days to work out where the water was coming in, muppets.

Dude I was de moer in....but I was getting a new car the next day and wasn't lus for a fight. It just urks me that I am thinking everything is fine and if my wife gets hi-jacked with our daughter in the car we have a trace(that was the main reason I fitted it). The unit could have been malfunctioning for months without me knowing. But come the end of the month they were quick to take their bucks. My argument was that if a techie could see the unit isn't working properly on their system, why the hell didn't they let me know. I would have paid for a new battery or even gone to their offices somewhere in honeydew to do this. They won't get a good word from me.

I have also heard some horror stories of car electrics being cocked-up by tracking companies. Never again...schoolfees

And what a k#k pic.

Why would a thief carry a stolen bike?

Cause he has to chuck it over the fence sunshine