Silverstar MTB 2012 - is it happening?

Andymann

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entered this race for the first time, looking forward as Kingskloof is my regular training ride. (although on the route description they mention the "manageable bits" of KK only)

i can only imagine the bottlenecks at some of the "less manageable" (???) bits

not keen on the first tar climb...but it'll spread the field nicely.

Hubbers that have done this race - gimme some feedback if you can - likes and dislikes...

Doing the 40k. My first event in a long long time. What should I expect? Riding with my girlfriend and we not going to be in a rush.

I've done it two years in a row, it's an awesome course. The first section through the Mogale grounds are nice and rocky with some wicked descents!! The sections through KK are, as advertised, mostly rideable! There is one tough climb, called Hospital climb if I remember correctly. Very rocky and seems to go on for days... The descent out of KK is stunning, make sure you take in the view!! From here you go under a bridge and do a rather boring part of Kings. Then it's the last leg back toward Silverstar, which has some awesome rocky sections and a slight climb.

It is a bit short in my opinion, but a testing route! I don't recall any bottlenecks in the past.

Can't wait for Saturday!

I did this race in 2011 for the 1st time and I'm back in this year! I thoroughly enjoyed it last year; the combination of climbs, technical bits, scenery and toughness is great in my opinion! A very worthy "testing" ride as MtbBarbie said.

For those interested, here's the route and profile I tracked last year:

http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout/SeanRademeyer/f91roumi194ekksd

I am looking forward to the ride. this will be my second ride past 30Km. going to have to take the first half real slow.

I did this race in 2011 for the 1st time and I'm back in this year! I thoroughly enjoyed it last year; the combination of climbs, technical bits, scenery and toughness is great in my opinion! A very worthy "testing" ride as MtbBarbie said.

For those interested, here's the route and profile I tracked last year:

http://www.sports-tr...91roumi194ekksd

thanx for the link. that downhill (normally an uphill in KK) is gonna be the business. cant wait.

was this a wrong turn?

post-24416-0-44783400-1346917280.jpg

Edited by RocknRolla

thanx for the link. that downhill (normally an uphill in KK) is gonna be the business. cant wait.

was this a wrong turn?

no - you follow a fence round that point