Calling all the singlespeed manne

rouxtjie

Yeah the old bike got a bit of pimping before the weekend. Did 90km this last weekend without a problem. Even managed to conquer the VG concrete strips. May have to go back and fetch one of my lungs I left behind though. Can't wait to get my new wheels soon so I can get rid of that race king. Man can that tire slide in corners on a HT bike.

Gave Rouxtjie's black beauty a quick spin. cool bike and just how an SS bike should be. Pimped :clap:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you didn't even notice they can't be that 'rough' Ahmed! Clearly they are gentle and liberal lubing was done ....

Bo-shield T9 ftw

Nice old bike and nice bike stand.

You should see this man climb with the green machine....concrete strips at VG to the top...one go. Respect gords

1999 Gary Fisher paragon frame (used to be white and orange). Does not even have a Disc brake mount at the back so V-Brakes it is.

Should have made the stand green in colour :mellow: keep with the theme

yeah but them legs and lungs are still out on the trail about halfway up the strips :mellow: Was a good fun ride on Sat with loads of banter.

Still John that was out from Canada. Respect to him how he can handle a bike even if he managed to crash big one. His commitment was amazing. Launched the bike, traveled 10m on the front wheel trying to recover it until the bar end hit a bush.... Still maintains if it was not for the bush he would have gotten it right.... He reckons VG rocks. :clap:

yeah but them legs and lungs are still out on the trail about halfway up the strips :mellow: Was a good fun ride on Sat with loads of banter. Still John that was out from Canada. Respect to him how he can handle a bike even if he managed to crash big one. His commitment was amazing. Launched the bike, traveled 10m on the front wheel trying to recover it until the bar end hit a bush.... Still maintains if it was not for the bush he would have gotten it right.... He reckons VG rocks. :clap:

Boet was a epic jol...loved the canadian...boet if pulled that landing off I would have bowed to his skills. Big up to john for not moaning once.

Wish I could make it but off to Dullstroom this weekend. Was a close one, nearly got it right, but the GF and I had already booked 3 towers race and can't afford to do both in one month. Damn that bank manager :thumbdown:

The great thing is the GF no longer says NO when I tell her we should build her an SS bike. The next SS champs she already said she will come along and tape up her gears :thumbup:

Wish I had a photo of the bike he borrowed. Silverback Reno that has been around the block alot with non existent V-brakes. Borrowed gloves, helmet bike and shoes and off he went. Every stop he was having to put the seat back up again but never complained once. Rode like a machine

And here is proof that Rouxtjie actually rode the new SS this weekend. Still smiling at the top of the strips

Spoke to Grant U while in an LBS a little while back and he said pretty much the same as for the SS champs at Thaba this year. 32x18 was his thoughts

Spoke to Grant U while in an LBS a little while back and he said pretty much the same as for the SS champs at Thaba this year. 32x18 was his thoughts

Thank you Swifty!!!