Bike jacked!

gerritvn

This morning as I was riding my MTB near Dely Road (Pretoria) where it goes underneath the NI highway, I was attacked by two robbers. One grabbed me around the neck and pulled me from the bike and nearly strangled me. They demanded my cell phone and money and then also took the bike.

Thank the Lord! Apart from the loss of the possessions and a sore throat, I was left unhurt.

The bike is a black Specialized Epic with a Specialized front tyre and a Hutchinson back tyre with a gray wall. If you happen to notice such a bike, please call me at 012 8036501 or 073 6891370

Thanks!

Gerrit (aka Oupa Gert)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh that sounds bad! Hope you get your bike back!! I know how you feel, its happened to me and the sprayed mace straight into my eyes! But luckily a driver saw this and got my bike back for me!

May their fingers turn into fish hooks and they get an itch in a private place...

So sorry to hear about your incident..

Terrible sorry to hear of the misfortune.

this is one of the reasons i'm stuck in a spinning studio during the week, and only getting on the bike on the weekends with lots of other people around.

Oh, that's terrible.  That is my biggest fear when I go out cycling, as I train on my own.  Not to get knocked down by a car, but to get bike jacked and loose my bike.Cry

Same thing happened to me last year, just glad you're OK. All just the Lord's mercy that you're OK.

Do what I did... get back on your bike... because you CAN

Same thing happened to me last year' date=' just glad you're OK. All just the Lord's mercy that you're OK. Do what I did... get back on your bike... because you CAN

[/quote']

Damn straight smiley32.gif