Tyler Hamilton book available in Kindle store

jcza

I read it this weekend. Easy reading, and definitely worth reading to understand how cyclists got into doping. Lance doesn't come off at all well.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read it this weekend. Easy reading, and definitely worth reading to understand how cyclists got into doping. Lance doesn't come off at all well.

I agree with the Lance bit. Before reading this I didn't know much about it and thought he did dope but so did everybody and let's let bygones be bygones and move on. What's the point of bringing down heroes and tainting the sport?

After reading the book, and even assuming Tyler is writing with extreme bias, I see Lance not as a hero but a kind of super villain. A really nasty force which deserves karmic retribution. He has been forever soured for me.

I agree with the Lance bit. Before reading this I didn't know much about it and thought he did dope but so did everybody and let's let bygones be bygones and move on. What's the point of bringing down heroes and tainting the sport?

After reading the book, and even assuming Tyler is writing with extreme bias, I see Lance not as a hero but a kind of super villain. A really nasty force which deserves karmic retribution. He has been forever soured for me.

How's the bit about him beating the car driver senseless....

I found the tone of the book a little off. To me, it didn't entirely sould like Tyler talking. Although Coyle tried to remove himself from the book (as he says in the interview with Lindsey), but it's clear that his imput is not just limited to the footnotes. I would've preferred more names mentioned from Tyler's time at Phonak. Floyd claims the management knew about the doping in the team - which was but Tyler seems to only mention staff sometimes helping with dope - it's not clear how far up the knowledge went.

I would've preferred more names mentioned from Tyler's time at Phonak. Floyd claims the management knew about the doping in the team - which was but Tyler seems to only mention staff sometimes helping with dope - it's not clear how far up the knowledge went.

Legal liability perhaps?

USPS was all federal evidence so they can't sue

That fed evidence is sealed.

Edit: But they could use info from the "proffers".

Edited by Tumbleweed

That fed evidence is sealed.

Edit: But they could use info from the "proffers".

hmm true... well if bruyneel goes to court its all coming out anyways

Tyler and his publisher making some moola:

Nr 3 on the NY Times Best Seller's list, behind some other political stuff.

http://inrng.com/medias/images/nytbestsellerlist.jpg

Nice quote from Inner Ring:

Judging by Twitter the book seems to leave an impact on those who read it, the detail of blood doping is laid out as as chilling as Dr Fuentes’ refrigetator.

Nice quote from Inner Ring:

Judging by Twitter the book seems to leave an impact on those who read it, the detail of blood doping is laid out as as chilling as Dr Fuentes’ refrigetator.

That fridge - Siberia - was effective. Fuentes's elderly assistant not so effective apparently.

About finished with the book. I really enjoyed it. In the 90's you could not be a pro and not dope...... is what I take out of it