Anyone else stumbled upon this?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to help picking on Woolies. The only way to do something is to target the law. Companies are forced to do this. That is why I chuckle reading the "to leave or to stay" thread. A lot of people are saying you start you own thing. Sooner or later the BEE laws will nail you there as well. If we want to do something you need to target the law. Something like all whiteys stay at home for three days, not working not doing any busines, etc. That will have a huge impact but what are the odds of getting 4 mil Saffa whiteys to stand together. Let me get my Lotto ticket. The odds are in my favour there.

Nee k@k, I like woolies food we do our week's groceries there every Saturday.

You can't buy for the month, check the expiry dates, buy by today, use by tomorrow...maybe the next day...exept for the cheekun...dont eat it tomorrow or the next day...we got enough s#1t on our hands as is...

And so what...I dont wanna work there in any case.........

Its like farting against thunder. Not gonna make a difference. Its government policy/law so white folk are fooked either way!

I already boycott their high prices, can't afford to shop there. I know of a good few people that are going ahead with the boycott, time will only tell if it has the desired effect though.

I agree, white folks can't organise a piss up in a brewery when it comes to protests & boycotting. We are so divided it's not even funny. All the white folks constantly complaining about this and that, yet can't stand together when we are clearly getting a raw deal in this so called Democratic country of ours.

This is news? really. Affirmative action has been part of the landscape for ages who cares is Woollies is a bit more straightforward in putting the facts in the job adverts. At least white job seekers know not to waste their time and effort in applying, this is the policy for the majority of jobs in Corporate SA and has been for years. Its not going to change, just live with it, boycott Woollies if you want to, but scratch the surface of the competition and you will have to start growing your own food.

ok, time to understand the law here ..

is it ok to identify a job postition for a certain race group only ?

All latecommers - I've been avoiding them since childhood...those bastards stocked checked shirts which i hated, my mother on the other hand loved them. So due to Woolies I spent my childhood dressed in f*&^%g cordroi's and check shirst...burn the place down I say!

I already boycott their high prices, can't afford to shop there. I know of a good few people that are going ahead with the boycott, time will only tell if it has the desired effect though.

I agree, white folks can't organise a piss up in a brewery when it comes to protests & boycotting. We are so divided it's not even funny. All the white folks constantly complaining about this and that, yet can't stand together when we are clearly getting a raw deal in this so called Democratic country of ours.

Is the desired effect to decrease Woolie's turnover, therefore make them less profitable, and have to close shops, i.e. send their staff, both black and white (and all other 50 shades of brown) into unemployment? Sounds thought through... I believe the urge for Malva pudding and fresh veggies will get this boycott down very quickly...

don't know about that. when i drive home from the airport down the N2 past all the shacks to my home on the golf estate, i as a whitey don't feel like i'm getting too much of a raw deal...

I would use it as a marketing strategy. Publish the articles in the mainstream press, and enjoy greater black buying power

don't know about that. when i drive home from the airport down the N2 past all the shacks to my home on the golf estate, i as a whitey don't feel like i'm getting too much of a raw deal...

Yes, we all know the disadvantaged people have it worse and have certainly had a raw deal, thats a given. Still does not make BEE right or does it?

Yes, we all know the disadvantaged people have it worse and have certainly had a raw deal, thats a given. Still does not make BEE right or does it?

it's definitely not right the way it is being applied at the moment. i agree with the principal behind it though.