Hill2Hill. Who's in?

Benjamin

im borderline doing it this year - have a nagging knee injury and not keen to enter to suffer and make things worse, but dont want to not enter and saturday comes around and it feels fine for sunday and I sit super bummed!!

Saturday rain is expected and sunday starting temp of 8 degrees with 20% raina round - its gonna be a chilled and possibly wet one guys..

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forecasts look okay for Sunday. You know it's going to hurt, but always a good day out. Always windy at the start at Hilton, don't know why.

Eish, weather not looking good for these weekend race, what with 70mm yesterday, 20mm today, 10mm Sat and 25mm Sunday.

Eish, weather not looking good for these weekend race, what with 70mm yesterday, 20mm today, 10mm Sat and 25mm Sunday.

Get the mud gear out

looks ok to me (i am only interested in the sunday! - sat will be ***)

http://www.yr.no/place/South_Africa/KwaZulu-Natal/Pietermaritzburg/

http://www.yr.no/place/South_Africa/KwaZulu-Natal/Durban/

so since sani2c i have only done about 400 odd k's of riding, so i am going to take it nice and easy. Dont feel like feeling like hell going up key ridge. did 80 odd on Sunday and the legs were very tired near the end, so sunday is going to interesting

i`m in..............Doing the 45km on Saturday.

Make sure you have wet weather gear it`s going to be a wet one...

Based on my Hill2hill wet weather experience from a few years ago, I am rather glad I am not riding this year! (Saturday or Sunday!)

Based on my Hill2hill wet weather experience from a few years ago, I am rather glad I am not riding this year! (Saturday or Sunday!)

it was snowing then! and they had that bit that went over the dam wall etc...now we just ride up the district rd

but some of those sandy bits are going to get a bit icky

Been bucketing down in Durban and pinetown all day today. Add to that the massive storms last night?? not looking good!

DOnt know how much rain has fallen up PMB way?

Been bucketing down in Durban and pinetown all day today. Add to that the massive storms last night?? not looking good!

not too much last night. Dont know about today as I have been in Durbs the whole day and its you say, its wet and miserable down here

it was snowing then! and they had that bit that went over the dam wall etc...now we just ride up the district rd

but some of those sandy bits are going to get a bit icky

Ja riding in the rain with a bin bag as a rain coat over your raincoat, surgical gloves inside your normal gloves, wet feet and apair of glasses that were good for the first 100m wasn't my idea of fun. The non fun factor was confirmed again at the wet and muddy Illovo race shortly after that.

I vowed never to do a wet race again. If it is still raining the night before a race when I go to sleep, you can keep the entry fees and the tee shirt!

Edited by Grebel

Ja riding in the rain with a bin bag as a rain coat over your raincoat, surgical gloves inside your normal gloves, wet feet and apair of glasses that were good for the first 100m wasn't my idea of fun. The non fun factor was confirmed again at the wet and muddy Illovo race shortly after that.

I vowed never to do a wet race again. If it is still raining the night before a race when I go to sleep, you can keep the entry fees and the tee shirt!

also did that illovo - the paint on my frame got literally sandpapered off from the sandy mud :thumbdown:

PMB is wet lads... not too much rain today (rained a little earlier) but it's been bucketing down here in the previous two weeks... if it rains between now and Sunday (Saturday isn't really Hill2Hill if we honest with ourselves) it's going to be water logged, wet and muddy (read: fun :clap: ).

My little girl is being born on Monday so I'm out this year. Good luck to everyone riding.

Edited by Ryanpmb

also did that illovo - the paint on my frame got literally sandpapered off from the sandy mud :thumbdown:

I wasn't able to freewheel downhill. Lost a lot of frame oaint as well as a dereaileur that stopped working. Got full of mud ans stoned as seized. I was riding a 42/23 single speed for most of the race!!!

I have learned my lesson. water + sand + MTB = Not much fun at all (confirmed again at the Outsurance expidition...)