We are lucky to be alive

Azonic

I'll think twice before driving at night again! But to be honest, for the last 2 weeks or so I have been feeling rather unsafe on my motorbike, I have a BMW 650GS so it is in no ways small and very noticeable as it is bright yellow. Which brings me to this, it's not the taxis I'm worried about as they are quite nice and accommodating on the road but it's all these damn Golf GTi's with the drivers in the back seat that look at the road through the steering wheel and the dash that always cut me off without indicating. (I'm not one to weave between cars with those wide handle bars so I usually drive to the right of a lane in order to be predictable to cars.)

As a cyclist or a biker, you have to assume that people on the roads are idiots and predict how they are going to drive, that way you wont be caught off guard in most situations...

Edited by Helpmytrap

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is 81% of all of us in SA think we excellent drivers. Our accident stats however tell a different story. Its like the guy in the video who moans about the "boers not knowing how to drive". i thought that was really funny - as I'm sure that the "boer" may well have at that moment been saying "those blerry _______ (chose your slur) don't know how to drive".

We all think everyone else is the problem.

edit - link for that statistic http://www.wheels24.co.za/News/General_News/Young-SA-drivers-say-theyre-best-20120801

Edited by dracs

could get interesting if you keep on calling re the same traffic cop,

you can see when they late for shift, at about 6am, driving in yellow lane, no lights, every morning...

G

There's a telephone number you can call - 0861 400 800 - call these guys, they're from the traffic dept., give them the name and reg. details of the car, as well as the date, time, location and nature of the infringement and they'll send the offender a letter.

They don't get a fine, but apparently they're told off and warned that their actions could have consequences some day. I did ask once if they were allowed to tell the driver he was a po~s, but they said no.

For what it's worth.

Luckily I saw the offending word before it was removed. Wasn't overly bad if you ask me. Beside the point though.

Yes, I said blackie...was i meant to say black???

Luckily I saw the offending word before it was removed. Wasn't overly bad if you ask me. Beside the point though.

would say it was as racist as the term "boer" that was used by some of the drivers in the video

You said "Darkie" dude. Nothing offensive about that IMHO.

I've been called "lightie" and whitey... doesn't offend me in the slightest. It's up to admin I guess.

Edited by Joe_Cogs

Darkie I think it was. With whites referred to as boere outright, I have no problems with that word.

Lets stay on topic.

Back on topic...

Must say I found some of the commentary pretty funny! I hope that does not make me a bad person.

There's a twit who drives between Randburg and Sandton every morning at about 6am in a white BMW, I wont put his reg here although I would love to do it, the guy blatantly skips every robot in sight and drives like an idiot from robot to robot. The really funny thing is he never really gets anywhere faster than the rest of us because I am usually not far behind him where I go left into 5th and he goes up Sandton Drive. So I really dont understand his logic. One day he will cause an accident and if I am there best he have his running shoes on.

name and shame the **** !!

u could be saving a life

You said "Darkie" dude. Nothing offensive about that IMHO.

I've been called "lightie" and whitey... doesn't offend me in the slightest. It's up to admin I guess.

Funny thing is, we get called Whitey and Boer all the time by Malema...dont ever hear them beeping that out on the TV!!

Just watched it finished now, Is it just me (or the bad cameras) but 80% of those

accidents looked like the same oke...........

& the same buck :whistling:

Just watched it finished now, Is it just me (or the bad cameras) but 80% of those

accidents looked like the same oke...........

& the same buck :whistling:

That was the same buck that dived the MTB'er off his bike last year. After not shooting to fame like the biker and being forgotten about nearly overnight, depression stepped in. He sadly took his own life by stepping infront of that truck.

That was the same buck that dived the MTB'er off his bike last year. After not shooting to fame like the biker and being forgotten about nearly overnight, depression stepped in. He sadly took his own life by stepping infront of that truck.

3 friggin times!!!