Karoo to Coast

JGR

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm staying in Plett, What's a good time to get to Uniondale?

Depends on when your seeding starts, but its quite a drive going through George to Uniondale, so an very early start will be the order of the day.

The family's staying in Sedgefield and I'm taking the shuttle through the morning - which leaves at 4am bound for Uniondale ! Its gonna be fun ! I hope.

Does anyone about the eating situation? Will there be stuff for sale or cooking facilities in the camp? im assuming their arent enough restaurants in Uniondale for the 1000's who will be staying there

Does anyone about the eating situation? Will there be stuff for sale or cooking facilities in the camp? im assuming their arent enough restaurants in Uniondale for the 1000's who will be staying there

Yeah its one major party, lots of burger and hotdog stands, and the standard pasta meal. with enough booze to make you sleep nicely for race day.

That is like their highlight of the year...ofcourse there will be...lol

The pasta meal is nothing fancy, but it's really good and enough for even a big guy like me.

That is like their highlight of the year...ofcourse there will be...lol

You're right there's going to be pannakoek, vetkoek,maarkoek,koeksisters,

All kinds of koek.

There might even be some tert ,Melktert , jamtert,

You're right there's going to be pannakoek, vetkoek,maarkoek,koeksisters,

All kinds of koek.

There might even be some tert ,Melktert , jamtert,

Local tert!? :devil: :whistling:

I'm staying in Plett, What's a good time to get to Uniondale?

In my experience it is best to go via George, and give yourself at least 2.5 hours. It will take at least as long to drive from Plett via the R339, especially as it is dark and you never know what you may encounter on that dirt road.

anybody knows where we can see seeding order?

Seeding isn't out yet, Ractec will send out an e-mail with your seeding when done. They're saying that tomorrow they should be done, not sure when we will be notified.